Track navigation broken

Trying to navigate a track takes forever and when it's done the track looks like a lot of waypoints.

My guess is the watch thinks it's a course and tries to navigate between points using the map, which makes it really slow.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Parents
  • Ok. I think I realized what's happening.

The watch can't distinguish a track to a route so it uses the same method of navigation (As defined by "Courses" configuration field under "Routing" per activity - Either "Use Map" or "Follow Course")

So what happens is that it tries to navigate a track with many points as if it was a course - by routing from 1 point to the next (even though they are about a meter apart)

For comparison handhelds know to navigate differently based on the whether it's a "Route" or a "Track".

• Ok. I think I realized what's happening.

The watch can't distinguish a track to a route so it uses the same method of navigation (As defined by "Courses" configuration field under "Routing" per activity - Either "Use Map" or "Follow Course")

So what happens is that it tries to navigate a track with many points as if it was a course - by routing from 1 point to the next (even though they are about a meter apart)

For comparison handhelds know to navigate differently based on the whether it's a "Route" or a "Track".

Children
No Data