Spotify is slow to download, gets stuck often and drains battery quickly while syching

It slow, 50 songs are taking for ever.  It gets stuck often where I have to back out and try again. On a good note it seems to be able to pick up where it left of. Also the battery drains extremely quickly during the synch with wifi.  I loose 1% of battery faster then i gain 1% of the download, the battery literally drains right in front of my eyes.  Started with a battery at 90%, still trying to get 50 songs synched, not done yet and the battery is now at 73% while the synch is stuck again at 47% complete.  A bug, my setup or is this common?  

• Same problem here with 1.5 year old 245M.  56 songs gets about 2 or 3% loaded at a time then gives me the red fail.  Tried everything mentioned above, no improvement.  Chatted live with Garmin help and went through it again, no improvement.  They said they hadn't heard of this problem before and sent me a replacement watch.  Just received it today (July 2021) and it's doing the exact same thing.  About an hour and maybe 40 restarts to get 56 songs loaded.  One small time saver, when the % indicator quits moving don't wait for the fail screen.  Just hit the back button, stop the sync, then restart it again.  Saves about 45 seconds per cycle. 

• Orbi mesh with fast fiber optic incoming

•  Maybe its a spotify issue, as I haven't had any issues with Amazon music.

Before downloading playlist/updating I always switch on wifi (or if I see it asking for an update). Then go back in and initiate download. Seems to do nothing for about 2-3mins and then you can see the percentage start to change. initial download of 165 songs took approx 10mins and most recent update took 3mins.

Ruuning a mesh network using TP Link Deco 9 units (as have powerline as well as wifi - certain parts of my house are an issue for wifi - get 74mbps throughout the house, front and back garden).

• First, downloading content and simply using wifi does drain your battery quickly, it is expected, just a limitation on the technology, it is why Spotify won’t sync or let you initiate any downloads if your battery is below 50%, they also recommend to download when your watch is plugged. That being said, your particular case sounds like you might have network issues too, the wifi connection is not great Garmin watches, they’re not built for that. I would suggest syncing very near the wifi source, your router.

• Try disabling WMM (WiFi Multimedia) on your router’s 2.4Ghz network

• I recently changed my ISP and also got a new wifi modem. Since then, syncing music with Spotify and the Podcasts app runs smoothly. So maybe it was a network issue after all - although I have no clue what my new setup does differently.

Today I downloaded a 66 min podcast episode and it 'only' took 4 minutes to complete. 

• Update: 2 months later and I'm still happy with my fenix 6s pro download performance. Either there was a firmware update that fixed the issue that I am not aware of or it is really something router related