Will Garmin add the feature to Fenix 6 of support GPS + Beidou in the future?

Will Garmin add the feature to Fenix 6 of support GPS + Beidou in the future?

This will improve GPS accuransy

• This will improve GPS accuransy

Not as much as you're probably hoping. The civilian version of it only has 10m accuracy - a limitation the Chinese intentionally implemented. So basically, we would have better chances of keeping the 10m accuracy that we're already getting with GPS alone, with obstructions like tall buildings and such, but it still wouldn't ever by better than 10m accuracy we already get, even with a perfect view of the sky.

For that reason, GPS+Beidou isn't likely to be any more accurate than GPS+Glonass or GPS+Galileo, which work on the same concept as GPS+Beidou: more satellites = better accuracy with obstructions, but no benefit whatsoever (for civilians) when there is a clear sky.

We'd be much better off with a dual-band chip (which allow civilians to get 30cm accuracy), but no such thing exists for wearables yet. Only mobile phones and handheld/marine/aircraft devices have it. We might see one in the F6+ or F7, but someone needs to invent it before Garmin can use it.

• My English is not good.

Without details, there is a site for planning GNSS measurements, for example from the triple www.gnssplanningonline.com
    1) go to the site, mark our location, height, date, do not forget the time zone and set 40 degrees of sky visibility - this is the most for urban building, after that apply the settings.
    2) go to the charts and look at two charts: the number of satellites and DOPs (the lower the DOPs the better, we need a yellow-horizontal for comparison, the red field is understandable, bad), and on the left click on the zhps and galileo, remember, click on GPS and GLONASS, etc., we think, compare.

For Moscow, for example, optimal will be GPS + Beidou, 

If choose onle GPS, it will be a poor constellation of satellites and poor accuracy

• I use the app GNSS view and over sweden just now I have 12 GPS, 9 Glo, 11 Gal, 15 Beidou.

• I agree. A dual-band gps chip would be a great progess, but I fear, it will take some more years before we see it on our Garmin wearables.

• The fact that so many satellites are visible does not mean that good accuracy will be ensured. You can see what the accuracy of GPS will be, if you set your location and time on the site www.gnssplanningonline.com in the settings, you can see on the graphs what accuracy will be for your position at the specified time

• I can confirm chinese version 935/945 with beidou should have a good accuracy.

I'm using Fenix 5 international version, not chinese APAC version, when we attended the same marathon race, my fenix 5 result always show too many error result (in fact, it didn't get any right result during these two years).

but most of my friends using the same garmin 935/945 chinese version, it works with beidou, the distance result is very closely with 42.195km, but  my result maybe 44/45km.

I have enabled GPS 1 second mode, not smart mode, still have the same result. the GPS really have too many error distance  in garmin device.

• I just saw that Beidou was added to 10.10 software update.

• I switched from a Garmin watch to a Coros Apex Pro earlier this year (and then back to Garmin). The Apex Pro supported Beidou. It also has a cool widget that shows you the position of Navigation satellites right on the watch.

Using GPS+Glonass, that watch was really good (a bit better than what I would get with my former FR945) running the same route I had. A couple of days later, I did the same run but with GPS+Beidou, and it was a mess. Easily undershot the distance by about a fourth of a mile, and the tracking looked like a seismograph in the middle of an earthquake.

More options do not necessarily mean better results. In my next of the woods, GPS+Glonass outperforms everything else. Even Galileo performs poorly for me.

• Where do you see that in 10.10?  I had 10.10 but am now on 10.75 Beta but don't see Beidou as an option in my US model F6X Pro.

• https://www.garmin.com.sg/products/wearables/fenix-6x-sapphire-carbon-gray/#updateTab

(update 3.10 - click I agree then you can read)

maybe only for APAC model. I'm on the 5 plus version APAC so I cannot verify