Fenix 6 Series - 4.63 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

4.63 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed an issue where the stress score could intermittently get stuck at 25.
  • Fixed an issue where the device will crash when trying to manually connect to an ANT sensor after enabling Airplane mode.
  • Fixed an issue where one would see a Wifi error message when launching the Golf activity. (Pro models only)
  • Fixed an issue with golf maps drawing incorrectly after the last beta update. (Pro models only)
  • Improved Indoor Bike OHR performance
  • Brought in improvements for CIQ.
  • Brought in improvements and bug fixes for music. (Pro models only)

Current beta peripheral software version numbers:

GPS: 2.60
Sensor Hub: 3.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 4.30
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.10
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• I to have the “Map” issue, does not update real time.

• Well, that remains to be seen, I think it's full of bugs this one. For me this is one of the worst beta's in quite a while. I'm rolling back to 4.30.

• That's interesting.  Here is what I used my watch for.  You can compare against what you do and see why or why not I have a fairly favorable opinion on this BETA.

My main concerns are: 

1. Very poor wrist HR because it is very erratic, I always have to use my Rhythm+, even in the pool.  I just wear it next to my watch and it stays connected.  
    2. Random reboots during an activity. 
    3. Long button pushes don't work as they should after an activity.

I do 3 things  Run, Pool Swim, and Core/Aqua Fitness.   Rarely use a bike or treadmill.

• Running:

Connect:  AirPods and play music from the watch, and audio cues with pace/hr.   Tempe, RD Pod, Rhythm+ HR band.

No phone with me (put my cellular AW on a belt clip for emergency contact)

• Swimming:

Connect:  Rhythm+. 

• Aqua or Core:

Connect Rhythem+, AirPods and music from the watch.  No phone nearby.

• We all have different usage patterns, comparing is kinda hard. I use mostly it for walking, running, climbing stairs,  smartwatch functions. No music for example.

Anyway, I have rolled back to 4.30 and my battery usage is back to 0.2-0.25% per hour so reaching 15 days is in reach again. With the beta prediction was 5 to 6 days

• FWIW - the rebooting was repeatable - scroll through the widgets and 10 widget in (up or down) it rebooted

I removed the "device usage" widget and tried again - it still crashed

but after that final crash (restart) seems to work ok now.  So might be the device usage widget  - either way I'm happy as no more crashing

• OK- updated to 4.63beta with it's peripheral software updates. 

BUG REPORT

1.  At least for running, the OHR still doesn't work for me.  Irregular and typically 20-30bpm higher than actual.  

2.  During a run activity- the data page background color keeps swapping.  Black on white to white on black.  and- it doesn't matter if I have it start out with a black background or white background setting.  

3. During a run activity, If I scroll to data page 2 or 3... after a few minutes it's back on page 1.  No- I don't have autoscroll on.

I did notice that I had autoclimb on with it set to the default of 1800ft/hr.  perhaps this is being triggered?  but I was running on a river path and in a park... both very very flat courses.

4.  GPS Performance:  eh- if the traces are any smoother... it ain't much.  Maybe a little.  The distance seems pretty accurate- as I was running on a marked course today, but the GPS traces are wobbly and often 100ft from where I actually ran. No apparently improvement for me.

I have sent items 1-3 along with the requisite files to the bug report email address.  

• 2 & 3 definitely sounds like autoclimb. This is exactly how it behaves. A bit odd it returns to a set page and not the previous but it had been the same with all Fenix.

I have also noticed that it triggered autoclimb even on flat running.

• I've been living with this new firmware update for one week on Fenix 6 Pro. It seems fine no problem found.

• Thankyou to all you fellow fenix6 users out there for keeping this beta thread for discussions around how this beta behave and not about bigger things, like personal opinions around features and Garmin. We can have other specific threads about that. Happy fenix weekend. Sorry for this personal opinion, but I'm happy:) Happy fenix weekend.

• Is Garmin still working at a fix for whr issue ?