Anyone STILL having heart rate accuracy issues with their Fenix 6?

Hi all,

Super frustrated, but I am still having issues with my Fenix 6S and heart rate accuracy even with the 4.20 software update. I'm wondering if it's just me or what the deal is? I had a 5S Plus before this and had no issues doing the same activities so I really don't think it's user error. My heart rate hardly reads over 110 during really vigorous exercise when my heart rate is closer to 160+. I have tried wearing on the inside of my wrist, tried my other wrist with no luck. It consistently reads 80-110 bpm the whole time. I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade if I knew this was going to be an issue. I know that wearing a chest strap is the most accurate, but I don't like to have to wear it for all of my work outs and my old Fenix was totally fine as well as my apple watch before that. Any suggestions? 

• I’ve had my 6x sapphire for two weeks now coming from a 5x.  The wrist heart rate is all over the place when doing any activities.  What is odd is that it seems to be speed dependent if that’s possible.  When cycling or running the readings are closer to what I was seeing on the 5x.  Hiking however is a complete mess.  When ascending the rate never gets above 90 whereas on the 5x it’s recording 150-170bpm.  I hike with a 25lb pack in steep terrain.  

Point is this is still an issue.  I actually exchanged the 6x with Garmin for a new one and the results are the same.  I’ve done all the suggested resets, position check on my wrist and still no luck.

Do I submit a ticket to Garmin again or are we all just waiting on a patch?

cheers, James

• do like i did. i returned my 6s after two weeks. i'll keep watching the forum to see if it gets fixed but did not want to keep an high priced item for something that may take months. everything is based on heart rate, so bad hr will give you bad data. 

• Has this been resolved for you yet?  I have the same problem.  I reported it.  I submitted all the workout files they asked for.  They notified me they received them but never got back to me with a fix.  All of the calculations are based on the HR and since it is so far off they are all worthless.  Not what I expected for such a large price tag.  

• Test the latest beta release and make your own judgement...for me the answer is yes

• I had the Fenix 5x and now have the 6S Pro and the heart rate feature is worthless

I couldn’t get my breathe working out and it showed 60’s and 70’s

In turn my calories burnt for a hard 4 mile hike (1.25 hours shows 210 calories)

NOT A CHANCE!!!

I don’t spend this kind of money to have to now get a separate heart rate band this is ridiculous and I want a FIX

• Why sell anymore then until fixed?

my husband just bought mine for christmas

• I’m now thinking this could be a strap issue. I ran last night with my FR235 on my other wrist and it just felt really snug on my wrist. Whereas the fenix 6 strap has much more give, added with a bigger dial, just doesn’t appear to be holding the watch securely. 

edit - fenix 6 maxed at 150. FR235 maxed at 165. 

• Yes. Newest Beta hasn‘t fixed OHR outside activity for my 6x

• I gave up. On vacation. If you ignore that data is garbage,  you begin to think it works. Shrug.

On think I noticed, the gps shows incorrect drawing of path on the map on the watch, but after you sync, it shows the correct path

• I really have stopped looking at it for the most part except for activities. Like today I had 5 spikes between 180 - 190 for a 3 mile walk. No where I was near that. Calories way off turn on the watch this morning and after synch showed 764 calories burned. Weather widget would not update at all today. The only positive is that I did not have to sign in again after updating GC yesterday. Have not updated the F6 to 5.0 yet.