Anyone STILL having heart rate accuracy issues with their Fenix 6?

Hi all,

Super frustrated, but I am still having issues with my Fenix 6S and heart rate accuracy even with the 4.20 software update. I'm wondering if it's just me or what the deal is? I had a 5S Plus before this and had no issues doing the same activities so I really don't think it's user error. My heart rate hardly reads over 110 during really vigorous exercise when my heart rate is closer to 160+. I have tried wearing on the inside of my wrist, tried my other wrist with no luck. It consistently reads 80-110 bpm the whole time. I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade if I knew this was going to be an issue. I know that wearing a chest strap is the most accurate, but I don't like to have to wear it for all of my work outs and my old Fenix was totally fine as well as my apple watch before that. Any suggestions? 

• As FYI: I’ve been in touch with Support and after explaining my issues and forwarding this thread they elected to replace mine. I will keep you updated once I receive a new one...

• I'm starting to have this issue the last few days. I started to get random high HR alerts and started to carry around my finger o2 monitor to see what's going on. This morning I got an alert and put on my o2 and my HR was 72, I took off my watch and put it right back on and it read the HR as 75. I reached out to garmin and they were no help.

• Same for me at Backcountry skiing, The problem seems to be temperature related. As I don't wear a jacket over my watch  while climbing, my wrist and my watch are exposed to cold temperatures. On the entire climb my heartrate has in the 140-160 range, but as the first part of the climb was in a cold valley, temperature and my HR have been staying ridiculously low. Later we took a break at the sun, the watch warmed up and the HR was suddenly ok. When the temperature was falling again due to wind chill, the HR kind of followed the temperature line. Can't say if this is a technical issue of my F6X or if it's just not possible to pick up a heart rate at my wrist at this temperature. Anyway, I will use a chest strap HR sensor for exercises in the cold in future.

• Same here, and I think is a temperature problem, too. But my Fenix 5 works perfectly in same conditions, then I returned the Fenix 6 X pro...

• I also still have issues, issues I never had before to be honest, at least I haven't noticed it. When walking, it sometimes goes to 135 and stays in the 130s when it should read about 100-110. After it passed the 130s I have to take it off and wait till HR is not shown anymore on the watch, then it shows the right HR when putting it on again. An annoying bug, even more since I have first noticed it with 6.10 ... 

And now something really weird. Watch shows the HR for the last 4 hours, so every HR recorded when wearing it. But today for the first time ever it doesn't sync correctly. Not via WIFI, nor through BT. 4h of HR missing in Garmin Connect which is shown on the watch. Also first ever seen bug. I need to return it till tomorrow but wanted to keep it, now I'm not so sure anymore

• i have the same. i mean after update 6.10 my hr easy grow up to 130 when im moving. but my real hr is abaut 90-100. i think is soft problem...

• I don't think it's a temperature related problem, I had the same behaviour hiking in the NZ summer.

• Same here as well as never seeing HR >110 despite the fact that I am wearing a strap that transmits to Zwift and regularly shows 140-160....the watch just sits in the 100-110 range when indoor cycling or running.  My old Fenix 3 never had this problem and it happens if I'm in an "activity" or just wearing the watch.  Opened a support ticket but it's clear from all these posts there is a problem of some kind, either hardware or software with the F6.

• With fenix 5 it was possible to show ohr and strap hr on same screen using some application. Is there some sw or is Fenix 6 capable to show both ohr and external hr simultaneously? Would be good to comparison.

• i just received a brand new fenix 6X sapphire as a replacement with very new serial number and nothing changed. so the problem is not hardware related and/or garmin did not change anything on the hardware side.

riding hard on the bike results in the same "spikes" as sitting at the desk - max 110. it is so, so, so poor from garmin that they do not get this fixed.