Fenix 6 Series - Sensor Hub Beta v2.53 - Fixes Stepped Elevation

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

We have a beta update available for the Sensor Hub software. This update fixes the issue where elevation plots could appear stepped. Please let us know if you still see the issue with this beta update installed.

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device. This update is compatible with all Fenix 6 models; the Pro models do not have a unique version.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15052
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15050
Fenix 6x: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15048

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

2.53 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed an issue where elevation plots could appear stepped.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line

Top Replies

All Replies

• I just took off the watch to see what happens and it still displayed that high HR for approx a minute.

Ah, got it.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Ian

I also have no problems with heart rate during the day. I did with my VA3  and 245 which I returned but my 6Pro is very accurate. I wear a strap for ALL training.

• One small request when the HR fix will be available (and for the future updates as well). Please let us know more deeply what has been changed instead of some vague "optical HR fixes" etc. description. I have now somehow managed to get the optical HR working really well (except sometimes in the beginning of training) and I would like to know if it's safe to update without having some issues again (which I had in the beginning).

This is for odsweng.

• I wear a strap for ALL training.

Yep. As much as I don't like wearing one, I wear an HRM-Dual during exercise to ensure I capture accurate data no matter what I'm doing. When I'm not exercising, however, I rely on the Fenix itself and it seems to work just fine for me. As a matter of fact, other than an issue with randomly losing connection to my iPhone which I solve by toggling Bluetooth off and back on again on the phone, my Fenix has been working really well.

• battery drain is much higher now. about 8% per day without workout only connected via BLE to iphone

• What kind of battery drain were you getting before? 8% per day (0.33%/hr) sounds pretty normal to me.

• About 4% in 24 hours is normal for 6x pro.

• I know what the manufacturer's specs are, I was asking what battery life YOU were getting before the update?

If you're not using the watch AT ALL, then sure, it will use as little as 4% per day.

But if you're using it like an average person would (receiving phone notifications throughout the day, scrolling thorough widgets occasionally, etc.) then it's going to be a lot closer to 8% per day.

4% per day is about 0.16% / hour, which is virtually unheard of. I don't think anyone here has ever gotten close to that.

The manufacturer's specs assume that the watch is just sitting there idle for 21 days, being totally unused for anything except displaying a factory watchface with no backlight, never vibrating for any alerts, etc. Just sitting there, collecting dust. As soon as you start "doing stuff", that number will decrease, and as a result, a typical user will realistically get about 10-14 days, not 21. That's why the manufacturer's specs say "up to" 21 days.

• I typically sit around .16 to .18 an hour when I'm not in a run, I'm at .18 at the moment.   I have BT on, OHR on,  text and calendar notifications on, auto pulse ox off, backlight at 60%.  For me outside of a run it's a watch and a way to see notifications without taking my phone out of my pocket, I've had a fenix since the 3 so I don't really play with the watch all day.    I do 4 or 5 manual pulse ox readings a day, more out of curiosity than because I'm ever going to 'do' anything with the data. 

addendum, I rarely use the garmin default faces and never a super busy face.  Currently using DividedTime with the data fields of HR, battery % and date on top of the time of course.   I've also used YinYang without any noticable battery drain as well as SimpleBig and Countdown! But watching the days countdown to my 100 next week was annoyingly slow so I switched that one out. :)

• I had the stepped elevation chart issue last week on a hike, oddly it was the first and only time it happened. So, just to make sure it didn't happen again on a hike today, I installed this beta update and can happily report that the elevation chart today was smooth (and correct). Everything else is working perfectly as well. Also received a new Tempe sensor today, it paired with the watch no prob and seems to be giving accurate temperature readings thus far. Overall, pretty happy with everything!