Heart Rate (WHR) is showing complete wrong data since upgrade to version 4.10

Before the upgrade to version 4.10 the HR was very accurate and almost 100% aligned with Treadmill sensors and chest strap sensor. Now the HR is about 20-30 beats too high!!

I changed to Garmin because I wanted to get rid of the chest strap... And now i'm really considering to return the watch (as it is even less accurate than my former cheap Fitbit which was for which I only paid 100 bucks...). 

Has anyone else the same issue???

• It got even worse: 30 beats off (too high; 150 instead of 120). This is really unbelievable! When I bought the Fenix (before updates) the HR function worked perfectly.... 

• I had the same problem after upgrade to new Sensor Hub (2.60). Rebooted the watch (turn off and on again) and WHR is back to normal.

• Same. I did a factory reset (delete data and reset settings), and so far I am seeing improvement. Need to try some exercises though. 

• I also have this issue ... Really annoying - switching to chest strap because of this. Fluctuations of 10 / 20 BPM... and consistently too high.
    I don't need the exact number but I do need a reliable indicator. For now, my Fenix is none of those two.

Also - 4.10 seems around the time everything changed for me as well.

• I did a short road ride yesterday and forgot my chest strap so I was stuck using the OHRM on the F6. It is embarrassingly wrong still (which is why I was forced to buy a chest strap in the first place). Mine never goes above 130 bpm, and at one point on a climb, my heart rate was in the 170s and it was reading ~115 bpm. I believe there is a fatal flaw in the design of the OHRM that Garmin doesn't want to admit. Frustrating for a really expensive watch. 

• believe there is a fatal flaw in the design of the OHRM that Garmin doesn't want to admit.

If there is a fatal flow on the fenix 6 as you said, can you explain why the whr works perfectly for some users including myself? I don't get any flows. The watch is just great for me

• Punch, I am curious what activities you use the watch for? Just asking.

When you look at the amount that the OHRM sticks out from the watch, it is pretty small compared to other brands. To me, and please take this as complete speculation, if your hand is not pointing 'down' forcing the ORHM to make solid contact with your wrist, then it is getting bad readings. For example, if your wrist is slightly upward, say holding a bike handlebar, then the ORHM is small enough that it is not making solid contact with your skin. The OHRM on an Apple Watch protrudes much more, making more contact with the skin throughout a range of motions. I had much better luck with an old AW 2 than I do the F6 for heart rate purposes. Again, pure speculation here. 

And if other people have it 'work flawlessly' then maybe mine is defective. This is the second one I have had because I sent the first one back for the same reason. 

• I'm running cycling swimming weight lifting. etc

Because all the reports, I'm paying particular attention to my whr recording. I never noticed any anomalies.

I wear a Fenix 6s which perfectly fits my wrist. I have a very good adherence to the watch. May be is that? I don't know.

It's not right obviously that so many users are experiences issues. I hope you get this sort it

• Punch, yeah it is incredibly frustrating, because I love the watch outside of the OHRM. Might be obvious, but I am assuming your watch regularly reads above 150 bpm when your HR is that high? I can't get mine to go over ~130 bpm. 

• I understand. I would be frustrated Nas well. Mine goes up over 150 regularly as it should. It seems just a bit delayed in picking up during sudden change of pace but I guess is the wrist technology