This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget not updating

Hi all, I’ve received yesterday my fenix 6 pro titanium. 
I’d like to know whether it’s just me or there are some update issue with the weather widget?

Yesterday while setting up for the first time the watch I could get weather widget info.

Todays I cannot get any into although it’s currently connected to my phone (Android) and I even tried to perform a couple of manual sync.

Anuone else?

Thanks in advance

• Do you have an Iphone or Android? Also, if you do have an Iphone, what is your IOS version? I having the same problem many seem to have and I trying to see if it couldn't be link to the last IOS update, 13.1.3.

• I don't think it's that clear cut. I've had this problem from the beginning in New Zealand. I was in Australia in August. As soon as I got off the plane and connected to GPS/iPhone X I got full weather detail. I went back to New Zealand two weeks later. As soon as I got off the plane in NZ, got GPS and iPhone connection I was back to temperature information only and no weather. What has changed in the past couple of days is that I've now lost the temperature information on my watch.

It's more likely a combination of the watch and the iPhone. It is being worked on. It is not the end of the world. 

• Mine is no longer updated either, says "waiting for data"  New issue, worked for the first two weeks I had the watch, could be an IOS13 issue or a Fenix 4.20 issue??

• i don have this issue

from f6 sappire

• Same problem for me, Garmin F6X with 4.20 firmware and iOS 13.1.3 on iPhone Xs Max. 

It was working previously with my first F6X. I had to change it yesterday because of problem with vibration (the watch rattled when vibrating). 

I hope the problem will be solved with an update of Garmin connect app or F6X next firmware...

• Hi! I have a iphone xr ios 13.1.3

• This problem is not only related to the Fenix 6, I have the same problem with a Fenix 5x Plus and my older Fenix 5. Funny thing is, it happens only on my iPhone 10, but not on my iPhone 7

The iPhone 7 is my work phone and the iPhone 10 my private one. Normally, my watch is connected to my private phone, but once I’m on a business trip, I have my watch connected to my work phone, which is working pretty well since two years.
    I also tried alread everything, and deleted/unpaired my watch completely from my iPhone 10. Then I paired it again and the weather app was updated fine directly after I paired it. But this works only once, after the watch has been paired again. As soon as the watch gets disconnected again from the phone (distance between phone and watch - bluetooth connection lost) or the watch is rebooted, the weather app gets broken again and will not get any weather updates again, just showing „waiting for data“, although the rest of the bluetooth communication like notifications, calender updates, sync etc. is working without any issue.
    As I also still have my old Fenix 5, I tried with this watch as well and exactly the same thing is happening, so it is not related to my Fenix 5x Plus watch.
    I also found several other people on dedicated Garmin groups on Facebook, se here some answer as example:
    "Same here....iPhone 11....Fenix 6 Pro, MARQ Aviator, MARQ Expedition....weather updates only when I reinstall Connect app. But only once…
     and also in the Garmin forum:
    Strange enough, as soon as my watch is connected to my iPhone 7, the weather gets updated straight away, although there is also the latest IOS version installed. So in my case, the problem is only related to the iPhone 10 with latest IOS version and as I can see in the various replies I was refering two, the people just seem to report issues with iPhone 10, 11 and later, not with older ones.
    It does not seem to happen allover, it might depend also the country/region people are and not with all iphone model, IOS version combination, but there seems to be definetely an issue with Garmin Connect Mobile in combination with newer iPhones and latest IOS versions in regards to the weather updates.
    I also filed a support request and reported them all the details, hopefully the can find the route cause as I find the weather widget pretty handy....
  • I’ve got the same problem with my F6 ti and ip7+ with latest os. 

If I unpair the watch and repair it updates the weather. 

I shouldn’t have to do that everyday!

• just got the info from garmin support, that they have already a research ticket open, sounds like they got general problems due to the IOS updates. They where also asking for my diagnostic log. There is currently no work around so basically we can only wait for a software update for Garmin Connect Mobile.....

• Hi, same issue here across a few Fenix 6X Pro and Sapphire models.

I've tried re-pairing the watch, which works the first time, but then fails to update.

I've tried re-installing and resetting the watch, only to get "Waiting for data" on the watch.

I've turned off all Firewalls and adblockers (Pi-Hole), changed DNS targets etc.. same issue on LTE outside with phone pairing.

Everything else works OK on the phone, so I'll just have to remove the weather widget for now, it's clearly broken.