This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget not updating

Hi all, I’ve received yesterday my fenix 6 pro titanium. 
I’d like to know whether it’s just me or there are some update issue with the weather widget?

Yesterday while setting up for the first time the watch I could get weather widget info.

Todays I cannot get any into although it’s currently connected to my phone (Android) and I even tried to perform a couple of manual sync.

Anuone else?

Thanks in advance

• That 'fix' lasted one day for me ...

• Same configuration on my side, except that I've 6x pro solar and after 6.0 software update, weather settings still updating, on my side it is solved with Cytokrom solution.

• I have a new F6 pro titanium love this watch but temp app is all over the place so i have tried Cytokrom solution 4 hours ago and it is working well up to now time will tell but I'm hopeful this will have solved the problem I'm still confused as to where the watch is getting its weather info from if i new that i could cross check if they are both on the same page  I'm uk based in yorkshire ill come back with a up date in a few days 

• When I switch the phone off, or it runs out of power, the Garmin Connect app logs out automatically and the weather then stops updating (weatherSetting goes back to NO) when I log back in again so I have to go through the complete rigmarole of the Cytokrom solution every couple of days. This is really infuriating. Anyone else have this problem?

• update lasted 1 day now frozen again come on garmin sort this out this is a expensive watch and it needs to be 100% no 95%

• It’s a joke. Have now owned this Garmin for for 4 months and has not worked. Replaced watch even under warranty for separate problems. Really disappointed. Won’t buy again.

• It still works for me after the fix provided by Garmin. Guess I am lucky... (and my phone battery has not died on me since the fix...).

For you who only get a single update, have you checked that the Weathersetting has changed from NO to YES in the app diagnostics after applying the fix? My experience is that you can get a single weather update by just reinstalling the app, but this is not a lasting solution and Weathersetting continues to be NO. Ie if Weathersetting continues to be NO, chances are that the fix was unsuccessful and will not last... In addition to the step-by-step instructions, I also reinstalled the app around step 7. You might want to try this if the fix does not change your app diagnostics Weathersetting to YES.

richardfg’s note that the problem seems to arise when switching the phone off or when the phone battery dies is interesting (this may fit with my issues as well, since my phone battery is pretty bad, and it is not unusual that it dies on me...) Although I have not switched the phone off or let the battery die since the fix was applied, I have closed the app and reopened it without the issue reappearing. Perhaps closing the app before turning off the phone or when the phone battery is low could protect from the issue appearing...?

Another option if you are just looking for the functionality and do not want to bother with (more or less temporary...) fixes, could be to download another weather widget with the ConnectIQ app. I learned to appreciate the somewhat geeky Quick Forecast 2 during my wait for this issue to be resolved, supporting multiple forecast providers and packed with data (although be prepared that it takes some efforts to get used to and to learn how to interpret the data). I still use this widget even after I got the Garmin weather widget fixed...

All of this aside, I do agree it is difficult to find an excuse for Garmin not to fix this bug now. Looking at the forum, this seems to have been a reoccuring problem for years, and to me as a layman, it seems pretty bizarre that it should be so difficult to fix a bug that just seems to be due to an errouneous setting in the Garmin account (”Weathersetting NO”)? Although annoying, this is still not a dealbreaker for me. Let’s face it: there are better ways to get weather data than from the small watch screen anyhow, e.g. the phone that you have to carry anyhow if you want access to weather data on the watch...

• All of this aside, I do agree it is difficult to find an excuse for Garmin not to fix this bug now.

I really think they are trying to fix the problem but are really struggling (obviously). My understanding is that a key part of the issue is the information put out by the weather stations differs around the world and differs even between weather stations. I know that might not t explain why it works/doesn't work sometimes but there it is. I've had the occasional weather report here in New Zealand but never had it work consistently from one day to the next. When I popped over to Australia in August it worked for the full three weeks without any problem. As soon as I got back to New Zealand it stopped again.

Although annoying, this is still not a dealbreaker for me. Let’s face it: there are better ways to get weather data than from the small watch screen anyhow, e.g. the phone that you have to carry anyhow if you want access to weather data on the watch...

Yep! Couldn't agree more. I didn't buy this watch to tell me what the weather is doing/going to be doing. I bought it to track my activity.

• Just found this in the Instinct forum 

"An issue has been found between the current version of the Connect Mobile APP and specifically iOS 13. Our engineers are currently working on resolving the issue. Please note, it will most likely be a new updated release of the Connect Mobile APP that will resolve the weather communication issue between the iPhone, the GCM APP, and the watch."

Obviously doesn't address the issue with respect to problems before iOS 13 on other watches but an indication of a move forward perhaps.

• Why don't Garmin admit to a problem and flash it up on here or connect and keep everyone in the picture and up to speed it would save them a lot of hassle and keep customers happy ...