Garmin Pay setup fails

Hi there !

Garmin Pay was working perfectly together with my old iPhone Xs Max with iOS 13, but yesterday I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro Max an tried adding the cards to my wallet again - it failed while « preparing » just after hitting VISA even before asking for the card number.

I the completely wiped my watch (delete an erase data factory reset), uninstalled it from Garmin Connect, even deleted an reinstalled Garmin Connect on my phone... nothing.

Any ideas before I contact support?

Thanks,

CJ

• Deinstall and reinstal garmin connect on Android Smartphone worked for me. Finally able to add card, hope it dont dismiss again. Have to test payment at a terminal.

Fenix 6x pro

HTC 11plus

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Fenix 6s Pro
    Ver 4.24.0.17

iphone x 

ios 13.1.2

not working. 

get the same message. 

but this to replace my Apple Watch 4.  Not happy. Sticking with Apple Watch. At least it works

• I have the same issue and I am not able to add any card to my Garmin Pay…

I haven’t re-installed yet Garmin Connect app and maybe it will help but before it I have a question: does anyone of you know if after the reinstallation I will lose all the data?

I am not speaking about activities and statistics because I guess they are stored in the cloud and are save but just about already set connection to the other account like: Spotify, Komoot, etc.?

• I have my Fenix 6X 4.20 connected to an iPhone 11 Pro running IOS 13.1.2. I had one Visa card connected to Garmin Pay, but after getting problems wit syncing activities, I logged out of Garmin Connect app, delete app, reset Fenix to fabric, and then installed app and paired Fenix again, ran into different problems, deleted app and reset Fenix again, got some different error messages again, but after some more tries it finally worked with syncing, but then, when I tried to add my VISA card to Garmin Pay again, it failed. The next day I was able to add only 1 of my 2 Visa cards (from same bank), and when I tried again today, Visa card number 2 also worked. Can't remember error messages when getting thise errors with Visa.

• Same issue on my Fenix 6 Sapphire with Samsung Galaxy S10...very frustrating.

Was working on my Vivoactive3 but not my Fenix 6

• I agree, it has nothing to do with iOS, I'm using Android and I was never able to get Garmin pay to work - it says my phone is not connected... 

• Deinstall and reinstall garmin connect on your phone. For me that worked, i didn't lose settings.

• I started getting a notification (about once a day)

I get the notification on my phone from garmin connect. It says Garmin Pay. When i press the notification it opens the garmin connect app and thats it. Garmin pay works good for me and i have got no issues. It is just annoying to get the strange notification about nothing lol.

Btw i use the iphone with the newest ios and the newest connect version.

Anyone got the same problem?

• Same problem here. Note 9, Fenix 6 Pro, says watch isn't connected, which is incorrect.

• I've using Garmin Pay without issues for several months . 2-3 weeks ago the credit card disappeared and Garmin Pay  stopped working, I always got the message "..error...try later.." when  trying again to load my credit card. Yesterday I  reverted to the last public release software (I was previously in the 5.72 beta) , re-installed Garmin app and Garmin Pay is working again like a charm.