This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How accurate is the pulseOx?

Always gives me a reading too low 90-94% while an external devise is in the range of 97-99%

also cant always take a measurement, too many "measuring" and "keep still"  cycles with no results.

The fitting is fairly tight just above the wrist bone 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to bluefish

Ok 

• Mine is 5 weeks old. Pulse erratic! It can be 30bpm higher than two other devices. My fitbit was cheaper and accurate. I have cleaned, tried both wrists top and bottom tight to loose. Not much difference in placement. I thought this watch is accurate. Not even close. Support told me to go read the manual and support tips. Guess I need to go for getting a lot of money back.

• My garmin watch says 85% and my Samsung gs9 says 97%

Check it on a good quality smart phone. You probably don't have sleep apnea. 

Garmin really need to up their game.

• I don't have another pulse oximeter to test it against

Probably it is better to compare with a medical device before say that your is ok. I tested more times with my Fenix 6 Sapphire and my wife one and the data is not alligned with medical devices, unfortunately. 

• My Fenix 6X Pro is terrible on taking Pulse OX Readings.  When it does its always low by 4-6% compared to a new finger tip Pulse Oximeter. It also does not track sleep, nor pulse accurately.  Spent a lot of Money for something worse than Fitbit for tracking pulse and exercise.

1. For me SPO2 function it’s useless. I check now the spo2 value with the each at the level of heart and I have had a 87% and on pulsoximeter the value was 98/99. All the time when I checked the value of the SPo2 on my watch was with at least 5  % points below the pulsoximeter.
  • Same here. 90-94% while medical device reporting 97% and above. Tight fit, no ambient light. Hairy hand.

• Its not very accurate and sometimes it needs very long time to measure

i bought a medical device and compared both, my Fenix shows lower (not much but 2-3% could be important if you are at 90-95% range).

During measurement I wear my F6 above the wrist bone and I keep it tight. I have no hair and my skin tone is normal so I think its related to watch accuracy not me.  

I think they are not using the same technology since medical oximeter transmits a red light from the upper led through the fingure which is captured from the lower photodetector sensor so this could not be done the same with Fenix.  

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

My  second watch has better readings