Having a few issues with my Fenix 6X

I recently purchased a fenix 6X sapphire but am having a few issues and am wondering if anyone else has the same or any fixes.

Firstly I've been for a few swims with it and it nearly records double the distance per lap (50m pool records 100m) which obviously seriously blows out my distance, pace, records set. I have tried things like turning stroke counter off to possibly account for a less efficient stroke on my part but neither made a difference.

Secondly my heart rate monitor has at times been wildly inaccurate I had been playing sport and been subbed for a while and was at a somewhat resting heart rate (No longer sweating completely calm) and it showed my heart rate at 160 plus. I took my pulse manually an had a radial pulse of about 95.

And lastly the altimeter is frustrating I'll be in the same place at 2 different times and get 2 different altitudes one time it will be about correct about 30m next it will show 300m. Swimming also seems to really mess with it.

Have just had it replaced but I have a feeling things will not change and if so will be looking for a refund which would be a shame because I like the features and the watch and I understand some small inaccuracy but for a device I've paid more than 1300 dollars for I do expect a higher standard than this to be honest. Any advice will be appreciated

• I haven't experienced these issues, my 6X has been working just fine so it may be you just have a defective unit and your replacement will fix it.

For the swimming problem, the simplest thing to check is to make sure the pool size is set correctly. Since the distance is determined purely by counting lengths if this setting is wrong it will mess up all the data. Also, make sure that you aren't stopping or making unusual motions in the middle of a length and that you push off and glide for a second or two at each turn.

The HR issue could be a defect, wait and see what the new unit does. It could also be based on how tight the band is and where on your wrist it is. You may have to play around with that a bit.

Not really sure about the altimeter since I don't really use that feature myself. Maybe others can chime in on that. Being off after swimming could be because there is water in the holes that allow the barometer to detect pressure and once it dries out it gets a good reading again.

Hopefully your replacement unit will fix these issues since it sounds like you might just have gotten a defective one.

• Thanks for your help I will definately try your suggestions as it would be a shame to get a refund like I say I do like the watch and all the different features (some I haven't been ably to try yet) but being so expensive I struggle to let these things go.

• Hi , Also have some problems with my fenix 6 . For starter, the HR take some time to  get the correct bpm while running, like 5 minutes,  the pressure in hPa (and all the others) is not correct and  is way to far from the real value (I need that storm detector to work).  Also and most important to me is the sleep tracker, I work in night shifts ever 7 days, some times I sleep an entire week during the day and other entire week during the night.  I found the sleep tracking is not accurate at all, last night for example detected 10 hours of sleep but actually were almost 5 hours. Also why do I have to insert the time when I go to bed manually?, I think the purpose of an sleep tracker is that it detects when you are sleeping, even the Samsung fit does a better job here.  I don't have a fix schedule for this.    Before I had the polar m430 and it did a pretty good job reading my HR and for the sleep tracking, it just detected when I was sleeping, period.  

In short I don't know if I can trust in any sensor that this watch has and for the price, I shouldn't be worrying about that.  Annoying.

• Did you ever get your sleep tracking working.  Mine is horrible compared to fitbit.  Also It registers wildly inaccurate pulse rates.  The high pulse rates cause the calorie and other work functions to be way off.

• Is currently tracking my sleep (only due to I manually inserted the time I use to sleep, sigh) The HR is more less accurate, in other hand oxygen level measurements are not very accurate.  In short , my Samsung fit did a far much better work as a sleep tracker.