Fenix 6 Titanium scratches

Hi there, I am a Fenix user since F3 and I owned a F3 for almost 3 years than a F5 X Plus for about a year but it was too big and heavy for my wrist. Last friday I get the Fenix 6 titanium cause I wanted a durable and scratch resistant watch but after 5 days I have got this as seen on the picture. On my F3 after 3 years there was no scratches like this and neither on my F5 x Plust (black bezel)...I was doing a lot of trailrunning, climbing, etc with them. With the new one only a few walks (due to my motorcycle accident an later heavy complications I still cant run). Is this normal for a 900€ watch? I was choosing between the F6 Sapphire and the Titanium one...if I know that I would rather go with a Sapphire one, it is 100€ cheaper. Is this normal ?

• Yeah. I feel they somewhat inferred that in their response. 

• I am curious if anyone else here has a Fenix 6 Titanium that seems to get new scratches every day.

I have had my watch for a little over a week now and I get comments on how scratched my watch is. The first scratches were very deep and came from something plastic. I've had titanium bands in the past, but these is by far the softest Titanium jewelery I've seen!

Anyone have advice on how to remove scratches from Titanium on their Garmin? Garmin would not provide any assistance with it. They just repeatedly told me to go to a Jeweler. With the rate that I am collecting scratches. I would have my watch in the jeweler 10 times a year. Considering that this watch is under Outdoor Recreating and is used to track your body function while moving, this watch will be constantly collecting new scratches.

Just like when you buy nice leather shoes, you can buy maintenance kits that include brushes, cleaners and polish; I would expect Garmin to provide similar options. Garmin refused to even recommend items to use in maintenance of their products, so I'm turning to other users. Garmin support will only parrot off lines directly from their website.

Anyone have experience taking care of very soft Titanium? Would like to be able to avoid going to the jeweler every 3 weeks to get my watch back to normal (if that's even possible).

Support Center Convo:

Me: Titanium Band scratched on plastic. How do you care for a titanium band to get rid of scratches. This titanium band seems much softer than other titanium bands I have had in the past.

Aaron: Happy to help, Fixing Scratches and Wear on Titanium Watch or Watch Band

Me: This is not helpful. I have had my watch on for about a week only

Me: Am I to understand that these bands are that difficult to keep from scratching?

Me: I was expecting a watch with an MSRP of $1000 to either be more durable, or have a more sufficient maintenance routine and not just need to go into a jeweler 10 times a year

Me: What at home repairs does garmin recommend?

Aaron: Garmin does not offer instructions for this, and does not recommend any specific method over any other.

Me: That is extremely disappointing. So Garmin gives no advice for the care of their most expensive products?

Aaron: There are various methods found online describing how to remove the scratches and scuffs from the titanium.

Me: I agree and they are all different. I would like Garmin to suggest the method that works. I should not have to be a skilled metal worker or have experience buffing titanium to maintain the watch. Stating that I can take it to a jeweler isn't really a great answer either since I scratched it badly in 1 weeks time. I would expect it to scratch again as soon as a jeweler buffs it out again. There needs to be a self maintenance routine

Aaron: If you would like Garmin to come up with its own care routine, I would recommend submitting feedback through this form, https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

Me: That's silly. The support center for Garmin recommends that a unsatisfied customer who just spent $200 extra for a titanium band hit the forums? I will definitely voice complaints on forums then. Is that the only help Garmin gives to its customers?

Aaron: Garmin recommends either taking the titanium band to a jeweler for assistance, or one of the various methods online, but please note that if you do attempt to repair the scratches yourself, avoid using any harsh chemical cleaners as they can damage the watch.

Me: That is copy paste from the initial link. That is still a vague statement that suggests users prepare for disappointment, google solutions, and remove all responsibility from Garmin to provide a quality product.

Aaron: If you do not feel comfortable working on the band yourself, you can take it to a jeweler for assistance.

Me: Apparently, Garmin doesn't feel comfortable providing advice for their customers working on the band themselves. Very disappointed with this product and since there is no effort for assistance. I will make sure my initial review of this product and support is heard. Thanks

Aaron: I hope that I was able to help you today. Please re-contact us if you require further assistance.

Aaron has exited the session.

I hope that I was able to help you today. Please re-contact us if you require further assistance.

• Since I got a Fenix 6 Titanium and a OEM titanium band I can help you ?

The metal blade underneath the case is also titanium and is fixed the same way for any marks.

I have found it could be Grade 2 titanium too which is not the hardest but it is really easy to cure any scratches or marks with jeweler pads found on ebay for 10 dollars.
    (Look for "remove titanium scratches")

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-Refinishing-Pad-Satin-Brushed-GOLD-STEEL-TITANIUM-Watch-Scratch-Removal/282259360399?hash=item41b7f80a8f:g:FNEAAOSwv-NWXGqi

The scratches are erased in a matter of seconds. The only think to do is to use a very fine black pad (not red or green) and follow the line of the satin finish.

You do that once a month and it is magic ! ;-)

About the bezel it won't be easy but possible as the lines are not circular but concentric.
    Protect the glass with your thumb and brush the bezel away.
    I have been able to erase any scratches that way.

My T-Touch Solar Tissot has the same grade of titanium and it was kept pristine with this method.

It is really a question of seconds to get the finish back to "like new" again. ;-)

• Hi problem with DLC : this is a layer of coating means below is not black but like on stainless steel : grey.

Therefore scratchs will be horrible like on the Fenix 6 pro.

Garmin support told me Titanium bessel is the most resistant to scratches.

• I just returned a Fenix 6X Pro Solar Titanium. I bought it to upgrade from my Fenix 5X Sapphire. However, when the Fenix 6X Pro Solar arrived, it had a "cheap watch" feel. I didn't particularly appreciate how the buttons feel when I pressed them and realized that the watch might not be as durable as my Fenix 5X Sapphire. I don't mind scratches and actually enjoy a heavier watch. I use my watch all day and night. I use it for trail running, climbing, rock scrambling, skateboarding, surfing, etc. My favorite Fenix 5X Sapphire attribute is its resilience, which gives me peace of mind to do whatever I want with it without worrying about getting the glass damaged. When I first tried out the Fenix 6X Pro Solar Titanium, I instantly felt buyer's remorse. Aesthetically, I felt that the silver band and watch were cool, but the contrast with the darker digital screen makes it look weird. I'll be buying a Fenix 6X Sapphire and a Carbon Gray DLC Titanium Band to go with it. I plan to use the silicon band for my hardcore activities and the Titanium band when I want to have a more formal look.