New language update misses translations

Former Member
Former Member

This evening while syncing my fenix 6X Sapphire via Wifi, a new language update has been transferred. My fenix is set to German, and while synchronizing with Wifi, suddenly the text language changed.

The missing translations I've seen are "Übertragung" for "Transferring" and "Übertragung abgeschlossen" for "Transfer complete". Also a hint with a text like "If it takes too long, you can push the back/lap button" appeared in English instead of German.

Those translations existed before the update, so it seems they got somehow deleted? I already searched through the german language file and I couldn't find the exact terms "Übertragung" and "Übertragung abgeschlossen." anymore.

Positive about the update: The security and tracking section is now correctly translated.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to KostasNK

Same here.

• Language your device is set to: Norwegian
    What word is not translated or incorrectly translated? Transferring, transfer complete, transfer failed
    What is the word/wording you think should be there? Overfører, overføringen er fullført, overføring mislyktes
    What are the button presses to get a fenix 6 to display this mistake? Sync og connect to Wifi.
    Does Garmin (aka me) have your permission to use your email address to report this issue and allows Garmin to email you any follow questions or to let you know when the fix has been put in place? Yes
    Did you sync before reporting here? (If not, please do so since we can confirm you are on the latest version) Yes, I am on latest version.

Have both F5 and F6, both set to Norwegian. 

Fenix 6:

This is F5 with correct translation:

• Language set to Swedish (Svenska)
    Yes, Garmin has permission to use my email when report issue and follow up with questions if needed
    Yes, I have synchronized befor reporting

List of incorrect translations follows

Word incorrectly translated: 'Droppning' for the english word 'Recovery'. This also affects other units as e.g. FR 645M and Edge 530 
    Word that it should be: Återhämtning

Select down key X times to browse widgets until reach Training Status
    Word Droppning is incorrect

Select start key to enter Training status widget

Word Droppning is incorrect

Word incorrectly translated: BODY BATTERY
    Word that it should be: KROPPSBATTERI

Select down key X times to browse widgets until reach Body Battery. Also when enter the widget by press the START key, then during measurement the word is incorrectly translated to 'Mäta' instead of 'Mäter'

Word incorrectly translated: Body Battery
    Word that it should be: Kroppsbatteri

Enter the BODY BATTERY widget by press the START key then press DOWN key 2 times

Word incorrectly translated: SENAST
    Word that it should be: SENASTE

Select down key X times to browse widgets until reach latest activity

Word incorrectly translated: SLUPP O. (for sun rise in X hours)
    Word that it should be: SOLUPPG. OM

Also make sure to use: SOLNEDG. OM (for sun set in X hours)

Select down key X times to browse widgets until reach sun up and down

Word incorrectly translated: Connect to
    Word that it should be: Anslut till

1. Long press UP key
    2. Press DOWN key 11 times 
    3. Press START key to enter 'WiFi' settings

Word incorrectly translated: Locations
    Word that it should be: Platser

After have trained using multisport and entered latest training widget these words were truncated. See last screen shot for training activities

Word incorrectly translated: Gån
    Word that it should be: Gång

Word incorrectly translated: Löpnin
    Word that it should be: Löpning

1. Press DOWN key multiple times until reach LATEST ACTIVITY widget
    2. Press START key to enter LATEST ACTIVITY
    3. Press Down key once

The 2 first items in list (activities) are truncated 

These are the non-truncated names of the activities in screen shown above

• Language set to Swedish (Svenska)
    Yes, Garmin has permission to use my email when report issue and follow up with questions if needed
    Yes, I have synchronized befor reporting

SW is 3.00

List of incorrect translations follows

Word incorrectly translated: Transferring
    Word that it should be: Överför
    (could also be 'Överföring pågår' to describe in more detail that there is a transfer in progress)

Word incorrectly translated: Transfer complete
    Word that it should be: Överföring slutförd

1. Long press UP key
    2. Press DOWN key 11 times 
    3. Press START key to enter 'WiFi' settings
    4. Press START key to connect to WiFi

Screen starts showing

When compete it shows

• Hey everyone, we have updated the text files on the fenix series. Please update your device via Garmin Express with the instructions in the link below.

Garmin Express Update

• Hi Nate,

how can I realize, that the new text files are installed on my device? Connected with Express, but I saw no informations, that my the text files were updated.

Btw: I use the German language text file. The new climbPro part for biking is still in English (or my text file did not update?).

• Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Since this particular translation issue wasn't included in the original case Garmin-Heath created I would like to create a new case. Would I be able to contact you using the email you provided so I can  work with you on this?