New language update misses translations

Former Member
Former Member

This evening while syncing my fenix 6X Sapphire via Wifi, a new language update has been transferred. My fenix is set to German, and while synchronizing with Wifi, suddenly the text language changed.

The missing translations I've seen are "Übertragung" for "Transferring" and "Übertragung abgeschlossen" for "Transfer complete". Also a hint with a text like "If it takes too long, you can push the back/lap button" appeared in English instead of German.

Those translations existed before the update, so it seems they got somehow deleted? I already searched through the german language file and I couldn't find the exact terms "Übertragung" and "Übertragung abgeschlossen." anymore.

Positive about the update: The security and tracking section is now correctly translated.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Did somebody from Garmin recognize this? I can't analyze more by myself, because I don't have the english translation files. Are they probably hardcoded in the system software?

• I have mine (6 Pro) in Swedish and has also noticed the "Transferring" in English.

• Let's look into getting this fix for everyone, but I need everyone's help doing it.

Please post here in this thread the following information:

• Language your device is set to
    • What word is not translated or incorrectly translated?
    • What is the word/wording you think should be there?
    • What are the button presses to get a fenix 6 to display this mistake?
    • Does Garmin (aka me) have your permission to use your email address to report this issue and allows Garmin to email you any follow questions or to let you know when the fix has been put in place?
    • Did you sync before reporting here? (If not, please do so since we can confirm you are on the latest version)
    • Please provide a screenshot or picture if this error.
           To take a screenshot, Main Menu > System > Hotkeys > Choose 'Hold Start' (or another button if desired) > Screenshot
           The screenshot pictures can be found in the Garmin Drive\GARMIN\SCRNSHOT

Update on 9/23/19:

Good news, with all your help, a fix is being put in place to fix the missing Transferring messages in all languages and will be in the next text update.  So we no longer need any reports of these missing Translations.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Garmin-Heath
    • Language set to German
    • Words not translated: "Transferring", "Transfer complete", something like "If it takes too long, you can push the back/lap button" (I can't replicate this screen)
    • Words that should be there: Transferring: "Übertragen", Transfer complete: "Übertragung abgeschlossen", (I can't translate the other text, because I don't remember the exact wording)
    • Button presses to get there: Start Wifi Sync with long press of the light button and then choosing the Wifi symbol
    • Garmin has my permission to use the E-Mail address to report this issue and Garmin is allowed to contact me regarding this issue.
    • The device is up to date and freshly synced (also rebooted and language changed to English and then back to German)

As mentioned, this translation is also missing in Swedish. I checked the French file and I also couldn't find (with my basic French skills) those translations, but don't nail me down on this. Just a little hint.

• Could you provide English.ln4 or something like that for reference? Swedish.ln4 has tons of ridiculous nonsense translations. There are also strange translations in the apps (Connect, Explore).

• Language set to Polish
    • Word incorrectly translated: Marzec in english means March :-)
    • Words that should be there: Maraton
    • Prediction widget but only "first" screen (deeper or in menu to choose is OK)
    • yes
    • yes
  • Former Member and thank you, I got both those two reported.  Also, thank you for the picture and going 110%, I would not have reported that correct without the picture since that is odd that translation is incorrect but not the other one.

or , could you help me out and feel out the info above in that format?  Also, feel free to report any app issues to the app forums since I know my peers there would want to do.

• Have the same problem as scp. Language set to Greek, when I press the synchronize button it displays transferring and then transfer complete in english.

The same happens with wifi synchronization...

Happens after 3.0 update. With initial 2.20 version it was ok...

Fenix 6x pro solar titanium dlc.

• Language set to Swedish
    • Words not translated: "Transferring" and "Transfer complete"
    • Words that should be there: Transferring: "Överför" or "Synkroniserar", Transfer complete: "Överföring slutförd" or "Synkronisering slutförd".
    • Button presses to get there: Start Sync with long press of the light button
    • Also when meassuring Ox the word "Mäta" when measuring could be "Mäter" instead.
  • Everyone, I'm sorry, but it has been asked of me to get screenshots of each of these reports.  Could you please take a screenshot with your device or take a picture of the screen, please?