While waiting to pick up my Solars, owners please share my 2 concerns:
- why you' ve decided to take Solar over Sapphire version?
- any scratch on your Power glass already, how sensitive is glass from your point of view?
Just picked up my Solar this morning, few hours setting up, downloading maps and music. Deciding till last moment between Sapphire and Solar and currently absolutely no regret for my choice. Updated my exactly 3 years old 3HR Sapphire and difference is unbelievable.
- 50% better visibility without light, even in darker conditions (this goes also in comparison with 6x Sapphire)
- lightness and much better fit on my wrist (do not feel to have something on my wrist)
- speed of menu and applications
- HRM working flawlessly before/ after update with better accuracy
- overal look of Solar seems to me nicer than FX Sapphire (for work and formal occasions, as I'm wearing them 24/7)
- Maps big surprise for me (did not know that I have whole world conture maps and Europe in topo details) and as I' ve mentioned- through Sapphire glass without light I would not see anything...
- GPS will be tested in next 10 hours
- all buttons clicks flawlessly without any marks of issues mentioned in forum
I know that comparison with 3HR my be odd for most of you (as updating from 5 series), but Garmin- thank you for Solar!