My name is Paul and I love the Fenix 6x Sapphire

Yep.. there are other threads talking about similar, but I figured one more wouldn't hurt

Normally these forums are about issues, so the negative comments will always outweigh the positive ones. And the Fenix 6 has them for sure.. but most should get ironed out I hope.

But as a Garmin GPS consumer since my first Forerunner 301 back in.. 2005?!! I thought it would be worth posting a bit of extra praise.

Each watch and bike computer (and pedals) I have owned have gotten progressively better (on the whole). The 301 took longer to acquire satellites than the run itself! and if you went under trees... eeek! 

But the Fenix 6X makes me smile. There is something different about this one that sets it apart from previous generations.. maybe it is just that larger screen. Dunno

Whatever the reason, I am a happy bunny.

There.. I said it!

Now.. where are all those apps I am missing! hahaha

• Amen brother

Been in the garmin family since the first day I took up running a little in 2016.  They've come with me from my first 5k to my first 24 hour run.  I sleep with them, shower with them, take them out to dinners both casual and formal.  We've had our minor disagreements but we always made up. 

The 6x is for me is just a natural and welcome evolution of a good product for my purposes. 

• I'm right with you Paul!  I've had my 5X for a couple years and recently received my 6X Sapphire.  I'm delighted!  The GPS is better (attached is a recent run and I'm impressed), the increased screen size makes everything easier to read, the golf functionality is tremendously improved , battery life is impressive (I golfed a nearly 3 hour round and it used 8%).....  I also found on a trail run that I think the distance is more accurate.  I had ran a couple 20 milers with friends before and they would finish 20 and I had to keep running around the parking lot as I was showing 1/4 to 1/2 mile less than them.  I ran 15 the other day and it seemed spot on with the others.  The track was also much better.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4049039015#.XXu4TgXu2uo.email

• It is so nice reading all these comments. Phew. I am not a weirdo haha. Yep, Garmin is a company trying to turn over a profit, and the watches are expensive etc. But we bought these watches and we wanna enjoy using them. Nice to hear people doing exactly that!

Thank you everyone!

• I join all of you!

Garmin and I are not the first acquaintance. It started with f2 4 years ago, then epix and f5. In search of better autonomy and a more accurate GPS, f6x is selected.

This is just a miracle! I’ve been running GPS for 40 minutes for 4 days now, and since then the charge has dropped by exactly 4 days! As if he didn’t use GPS.

The autonomy of a smart watch is amazing (21 days), and the power saving mode is more than 60! I like it!