6X not connecting to Wi-fi

I am new to Fenix ownership and loving the watch do far. My only issue is I can not get it to join my home (BT) Wi-fi!

i have tried via Connect, Express and on watch itself. I have tried setting my iPhone as a hotspot and it won’t connect to that either! All I get is ‘Connection failed’.

its a shame as I want to download Spotify playlists and this can only be done via Wi-fi.

Does anyone else struggle?

Thanks!

• I had some connecting issues with Fenix 6X. I had a similar experience with my MacBook. I was able to solve the problem by setting up the router (change the wifi channel). By the way, Fenix 6X watch saw some wifi networks but did not see the network from my router.

• I checked which wifi channels used the networks that were visible to the watch (in my case it was channel 4). I used Wifi Analyser android app (you can use another one) 
    • I changed the channel of my 2.4Ghz wifi network to channel 4 and Fenix 6X successfully connect
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to 6129986

Yes this worked for me on Fenix 6 Solar. Tried absolutely everything up until this point.

For others having the same issue, head into your router settings, switch from Auto to separate 2.4G and 5.0G connections, head back into WiFi settings on your watch or Connect App and select 2.4G. Fingers crossed it should start syncing - it did for me! 

NB. When using separate router connections always rename using 2.4G or 5.0G at the end, that way you can easily identify the connections.

• Anyone still having wifi connectivity issues? I've tried all options given in here, nothing seems to work so far. The point is, my watch (Fenix 6x Sapphire) connected just fine to my home wifi until a couple of days ago. I changed nothing, all router settings were the same. It can detect my home wifi network, it just refuses to connect for some reason. I tested it with the wifi network at work earlier today, it connected immediately. So I really don't get it, what is wrong? Latest software version installed, version 16.60 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Salvador

Hi, since my last post it stopped working pretty much straight away - annoying.

I’ve been playing around with all sorts and as suggested in another post the fix seems to be to set your router to ‘open network’ i.e switching off your router security mode. Since then it works all the time. Only problem is this leaves your internet unprotected! So from what I can read there must be an issue with Garmin devices connecting to security modes i.e WPA2 etc which doesn't make sense as it works when syncing to my iPhones hotspot.

God knows, I wish Garmin would fix.

Hope that helps? 

• Thanks for the reply. I set it to ‘unencrypted’, but it still won’t connect. Unbelievable. I’ve got my Garmin Edge and Index Scale connecting flawlessly, yet the watch still refuses to connect. 

• hey guys, ive now found myself in the same boat after months of this working fine. Thus i have come across this thread. Any luck?

I have reached out to Garmin support without any luck and now perusing a warranty claim.

Thanks in advance for any replies :) 

• Hi, i think I've found th reason of connectivity issues . I must admit i’ve tried almost all possible settings change on my router. Until i’ve found that beamforming feature can cause problems with non compatible devices.Please check your router and switch all beamforming settings off . That have worked for me and Garmin Fenix 6x pro started syncing over wi-fi. I've also set wi-fi channel selection to static number instead of auto as default P.S. I've got Asus zenwifi ax mesh router that have no connectivity issues with other devices and this works with same ssid for 2,4G and 5G option very well .

• Thanks! I finally got to see the watch connecting to my home wifi network, after resetting the router. The thing is, when it comes to syncing music in Spotify, I must admit I don’t use the wifi network at home, because syncing gets stuck at 99% always. It is a mixed band network, the watch will sync and update music lists from Spotify only when I have it connected to a 2.4 gHz network. So, what I do now is turn my iPhone to a mobile hotspot and make the watch connect there. 

• Having the same issue,  tried your hack above but still not connecting to play lists in Spotify...  Searching for WiFi connection...  Straight after saying "connected" through the App test...