Weather data is wrong on my 6X

The temperature showing on the screen of my Fenix 6 Pro is wrong.  Is their someway to correct? 

I assume it is pulling from my phone but phone has correct temperature and location.

I don't see any way to change.

Top Replies

All Replies

• It uses location data (assuming you have granted that permission) and then matches that up with a weather source. It does not pull the weather data from whatever weather app you have on your phone. 

• Manual:

The temperature reading is not accurate

Your body temperature affects the temperature reading for the internal temperature sensor. To get the most accurate temperature reading, you should remove the watch from your wrist and wait 20 to 30 minutes.

You can also use an optional tempeTm external temperature sensor to view accurate ambient temperature readings while wearing the watch.”

• There are two temperatures that can be seen on the watch:

1. The temperature from the wrist which reports body heat mostly and
    2. The temperature pulled from a weather source that may or may not be close to the temperature outside. As noted that depends on where the weather data is sourced; that might not be any of the weather apps on the phone.

Interestingly, I’ll see the temperature and hi/lo on my F6 watchface and weather widget but not weather (In NZ) details if I go to full page, even with phone connections. In Australia I do get the weather information. This is the same on my Marq too so clearly there is something with the Garmin weather source.

• Hi, this might be a silly question but what is the usefulness of having the temperature coming from your wrist? It's not your body temperature or at least not mine.  I can see 2 temperatures as mentioned above. On the watch face and in the widget I can get the outdoor temperature (22 Celsius now). Then on the temperature widget I get 30 Celsius. This last one is definitely not my body temperature which is around 36 Celsius. 

• I have a question about weather: what's the number 1 degree celsius (second picture) ? Current temperature ?

I see that 13 (highest temp of day) and 5 decree (lowest)

But if I go hourly ant 10 AM it;s shows 9 degree which is far from 1 degree, shouldn't be 9 ? (pics taken same time)

I'm confused about 1 degree what it's meaning.

Thanks

• When did you last have the watch connected to your phone? It’s possible that’s the last temperature it sent over. I’ve had similar disparities that have corrected once connected to the phone. Not been sure GARMIN understand where the weather information comes from Joy 

• Early morrning at 6 AM, and it's connected via bluetooth ever since. So you may say that for more accurate date should be connected more often or non stop  :)

Outside it's 10 degrees and on the watch only 2. Funny hourly mode it's accurate than the main widget where it's shows 2. I think there's 2 sources where he pulls weather data: one for hourly mode and one on main screen. I have location enabled, data activated etc. Maybe GARMIN can unravel the mystery. Thanks

• Hello!  The on board temperature sensor is actually used for the barometric altimeter (from my understanding, without it - it won't work independently of the initial GPS/DEM reading).  Garmin simply makes this available for us to use as an additional widget (most other watches with barometric altimeters turn off the temp reading).  This can actually be used with some usefulness when backpacking at elevation when you need temperature to understand your day better (you'd have to remove the watch of course, but in those scenarios - heart rate won't be as necessary).  I use the "Now" temperature which reads the current outdoor temperature on the watch face. 

• so clearly there is something with the Garmin weather source.

@Garmin-Blake Why not Garmin tells which his weather source? My location has always wrong data, if I know the weather source I could contact them directly.

• I think there's 2 sources where he pulls weather data: one for hourly mode and one on main screen. I have location enabled, data activated etc. Maybe GARMIN can unravel the mystery. Thanks

I agree with your analysis.

Probably the first source (hourly and day forecasts) are web weather forecasts (usually they are exact),

The second source (main screen and temperature in Garmin connect) is the local weather station (usually for most locations is wrong, in my region is always 15 grad below)

+1 for  the request to Garmin to unravel the mistery and declare what the source are (in particular which local weather station is using, this could be an information given always in the watch). Thanks