This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Largely Not Working HR & No PulseOx

Just got my 6x today and I'm having problems with HR.

Huge gaps, no pulseox.  Green lights rarely on if I lift it up.

Tried resetting, formatting, different tightnesses, other wrist, different positions.

Think I got a duff device Disappointed

Top Replies

All Replies

• have you updated to the version 3.00 of the firmware? 

• Yes.  One of the first things I did, although I could only do it through express.

I'll contact garmin tomorrow for an rma

• Try connecting the unit (mine is a 6x pro) to the charging cable, i ran into an issue of the unit no longer measuring the HR. After charging and disconnecting the unit started the HR measurement. The unit switches off HR measurement while charging (no green lights) and starts the measurement when disconnected (green lights). Not a nice workaround though.....

• I know that you may have done it already, but check if the DATA RECORDING is on EVERY SECOND .

• When you indicate that there are huge gaps in HR and pulseox are you referring to what you are seeing on the Garmin Connect website or Garmin Connect Mobile.  For the first 24 hours of so of owning my 6X Sapphire, I was seeing big gaps also.  At the time, I still hadn't "retired" my 5X Plus on Garmin Connect, and it was still in Garmin Express and GCM.  Now that the 5X Plus is no longer listed anywhere, I have no more gaps in my data, other than the times I have connected it to the PC to transfer music with Garmin Express.  I'm assuming those gaps were my HR and pulseox as measured by the 5X Plus that I was not wearing.

• Had a mare with GarminUK today.  They wanted to muck about.  THE WATCH IS BORKED.

So forced a refund (still messing around waiting on shipping labels, 48 hours to email one seriously?)

In the end I went and bought another while I wait for a refund.  Tested in store and it works as expected so definetly a defective watch.  Why Garmin UK made this so difficult is beyond me.

Lesson learnt.  Never buy from the garmin store.  EVER.

• Hello everyone

the following helped me:

- Call sensors and accessories option

- then option: open heart rate on the wrist

- disable this option once and then activate it again

After that, the heart rate was displayed normally again!

Regards

Kläuschen

• I have the exact same issue here. Only difference is that i got the regular 6 pro sapphire. Sometimes it picks up my heartrate just for a hand full of samples and then looses my HR signal again.

Green lights are almost always disabled but even if they are enabled they do not pick up my HR. Tried different tightnesses, other wrist, positions. I also tried Kläuschens suggestion of disabling and enabling the HR sensor as well as resetting the whole watch (after upgrading to 3.0).

anyone found other things to try? :)

• Lights not showing, massive gaps was the same on mine.  Replacement isn't at all like that so I would you may have a defective one.

My replacement and the original one I got is like night and day.  It just works.