Fenix 5 firmware 21.0 stress level and heart rate

I have noticed over the past few days that my heart rate seems higher overall and my stress level has jumped from the high 20s to low 40s. I can't confirm date of update to 21, but I remember it being in the last few days. My watch did also freeze and reboot during a swimming activity about a month ago, so it's possible something else is going on. I'd like to roll the firmware back to 20 or even the one previous to that (I think the freeze was after that update). I can only find a firmware for a beta version 20.something. Does anyone know where I can locate the latest firmware options other than beta? 

Thank you!

• Firmware is available at the following link. If you want older versions click on "NEW ITEMS ARCHIVE" at the bottom of the page.

Garmin Firmware

• Or you can download beta 20.72 from this https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=11663 page. There's a folder System_Backdate_v2000 in the archive with v20.00 you are looking for.

• Strangely when I click on version 20.0, it takes me to the 21.0 update information page. :( But I did confirm that my issues with stress level and hr began when 21.0 downloaded due to the date so that's a positive! Thank you!

• I ended up chatting and they tell me I can't roll back the firmware, which doesn't make sense to me. I can get previous firmware on any other tech that I own, so I've never heard of this. From others on this forum it seems other people have been able to rollback to old firmware before as well. Does anyone know the reason that would be the case by chance? 

• If you really want to roll back re-check the link and instructions from ilracer - works for me.  Download the beta file, unzip and, as described, look for the System_Backdate... folder in the archive (and follow the instructions).  Note that you lose all previous data and configurations on the watch when you do this so you need to reconfigure your watch from start.  

My first question would be "what are you expecting from this?".  So far no one else has reported this issue (I'm not seeing it also) so it likely is not widespread (at this stage). At some point you will need/want to get back to the latest version anyway and Garmin Support will not help unless you are running the latest firmware.  I suppose you might be able to test if the stats change back but, IMO, you would be best to just wait and see if it settles.  Perhaps you are coming down with something (hopefully not COVID) and the watch is picking this up - or perhaps just a couple of days slightly higher stats.  These things are so difficult to validate even if you did go back to the last version as you cannot really know if this resulted in any change you see.  My two cents worth.

• Same issue for me also. Heart rate seems higher and stress level is not even shown: "Check watch fit" every single time. Can you please take a look on this firmware?

• Same problem here since night from saterday on sunday 24-25 october. CET It whould not be wintertime related?

No update form heartrate and stress level to garmin connect. Stress level and history of stres level on the watch is fine.

Heartraten on the watch is fine but the history of heartrate on watch (last four hours and rest heartrate week) is not opdated

• Reboot of the watch did help. Problem is probably related to the switch to wintertime in western europe

• I turned off the wrist heart rate data for a few days, it was driving me crazy. I've tested with my HRM Tri during a 'rest' session, and my heart rate was lower with that versus the wrist. Interestingly, looking back at the stress data last week that spiked to the low 40s now shows in the 30s, so it was retroactively changed. I had taken a screenshot in case they wanted me to send it in (they didn't), but I still have it.

I am happy to report I'm not coming down with something. Slightly elevated heart rate and stress I could as I did have an extra cycle session last week, but not as tremendous as I have seen immediately after that update. I feel healthy and strong, and despite what my the stress says, my fitness is improving, according to my watch performance data and how I feel during workouts and my heart rate during the workout. 

Thank you for the suggestions! I did miss the System Backdate, I went to the link and ended up following the directions at the bottom of the page for beta, I'll see if I can do it this weekend. What I hope to accomplish is to verify it was the update. I've already tested other things (such as the HRM strap) and noticed an immediate change in heart rate (lower) with the strap. After rolling back, if stress goes back to where it was, then I have more definitive evidence and I'm happier with more consistent data. If it does not, then I figure out the next step (such as is my watch having issues - it did freeze/reboot on me for the first time ever about a month ago during a swim). It's the way I like to troubleshoot things. 

Thank you for your help!