Temp/Alt/Baro sensor

My sensor recently quit working.  No temp/alt/baro changes have been recorded for nearly a month.  When cycling no alt changes or temp changes.  No floors are recorded.  Sync both alt and baro using manual and gps but nothing changes.  Have cleaned sensor, hard reset nothing fixes it.  Any ideas?  Fenix 5X.

• Contact Garmin CS and request a repair? 

• I've the same issue with my Fenix 5. I've been cleaning the sensor and downgrade to old version(19.10) but it's still not working.

• Hello, I had a Garmin Fenix 5 Sapphire for 3 years, two months ago, it began to show errors in the temperature and pressure measurement. I'm from Argentina, in my country we don't have Garmin offices, I contacted global support, they told me that "the sensors are damaged", they offered me a change of watch; I had to send mine and they sent me another one... I had to pay a difference and all the courier. Well, the new watch arrive yesterday, now I have the same issue that fatperman, I'm waiting to monday to talk again to the Garmin support and send them and all Garmin to hell. I´m angry! My recommendation: Stop buying Garmin, my future watch will be a Suunto (or anyone).

• Hi, I have the same issue, a question... If you try to calibrate the altimeter, when the altitud is corrected and you accept... Does the wacht show "error "?. I'm going ti try in safe mode to see what I find.

• No error.  Everything just stayed at the same called measurement. Ended up sending it in to g Garmin and getting a replacement.  

• Buying a Suunto won’t solve your problems.

I used to love Suunto. Until they start to rush out models to keep up with Garmin. Now there back and software is a mess and for their watches they seen to choose Google wear OS, with means batterylife of 1 day. The last proper Suunto, the 5, has a screen that isn’t readable in direct sunlight.

There is also Polar. They have fine watches with good software and great batterylife. Except if you depend on navigation. They lack turn by turn. (Unless with the grid x and you are willing pay for a komoot subscription. Really silly)

Garmin is the worst. Their watchsoftware is full of bugs and their marketingdepartment demands even more features. They don’t care if features are usefull or work at all. They just add features. And more bugs to their software.

I like navigation features, a great batterylife and readability in sunlight. So, in the end I will buy a Garmin (when my forerunner 935 dies). Unless Polar got their navigation or Suunto got their software working.

Just don’t bother with all the garmin features that don’t work anyway. See it as something positive: you don’t have to buy a new garmin every year or so, because the new model might have more features but exactly the same function. You don’t gain samething by spending money in a garmin shop

• Hi Elbo, you're right! I´m tired of the Garmin problems, my Fenix 5 S.E. had problems with the sensors, Garmin agreed to replace it, they sent me a new Fenix 5 (an inferior model), last friday and the new watch have problems with barometer and temperature sensor and I think the GPS is also wrong. I live in Argentina, in my country there are not great varieties of watches and because of covid we don't know ho long we will not able to travel. I need a multisport watch to save sports training (run, bicycle and swimming) also navigation I like to trekking. Fenix 6 no, same problems and very expensive. Do you know a Polar Vantage V? Do you have any opinion of that model? Thank you!