Garmin Fenix5s altitude, barometer and temperature issues

Hello,

Wondering if it is a common fault, as after 6 months of having my second Garmin Fenix 5S I am having the following issues: altitude, barometer and temperature all stuck at set altitudes.

I have followed Garmin's troubleshooter and clean my watch regularly. Seeing as this is the second time that it has happened, with the watch being replaced recently, I am unsure of whether another replacement is not going to produce the same fault.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

• Yes I'm having the same issue on my 6 month old Fenix 5X. Now trying to troubleshoot without any luck.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

• Hello,

The previous reply from Garmin was to send it to them for 14 days and maybe get a replacement/repair within that time. I feel like it is a lot of money to have faults so early on. 

This time I had to send photographs of the testing screen to them and was told I would have a reply within two days (Thursday). I will chase this if I do not get a reply today.

Thanks

• I had a 5X and after 5 months it stopped recording elevations... Called support and did the barometer test and it failed... Sensor did not work anymore... Sent it on warranty (I had to pay shipping cost) and received a refurbished 5s metal band which I was not happy with, I called and they said it was a mistake... Sent it back again (paid again) and they sent me a refurbished 5X plus with 2 extra bands since they made me paid twice so I was now happy with that.. 3 uses of the 5X plus and same failure of the barometer. I think series 5 had a bad batch of sensors... I am calling on Monday and ask for a refund I am getting a Suunto

• I had the same problem with the barometer and altimeter, after my battery ran out...

I solved the problem with (1-3 times hard reset):

Hard reset / factory reset:
    Turn OFF the Fenix
    Press and HOLD LAP button
    Power on (still holding the LAP button)
    You will get the menu “Clean user data: Yes/No?” release LAP button
    (I Choose no)

• Thank you. I will try that... Did your baro test said "invalid"? Or you did not make the test? With my first 5X I did reset it but did not work... when I called they told me to do the baro test to check if the sensor failed and then they told me to send it for warranty...

• No, I only have inaccurate data of alti and baro after charging my fenix 5x with Garmin charger...

• Alfredo 159, can you tell me how to perform the baro test? my barometer together with temperature widget doesn't work too,thanks 

• You have to turn it off first.. then turn it on and at the same time press and hold The down button and the test mode goes on... You scroll until you find the baro test... If it says invalid then it is probably that the sensor failed and it is not working...

Also when I tried the altimeter and barometer calibration it always failed...you can do that in the widget

• Hello,

Mine said invalid. Was offered for it to be replaced under warranty, but with that up in around 5 months, I did not want to risk having another one go around that time.

I managed to get a refund from the store purchased from and ordered a Fenix 5s. If this one goes again, I will ask for a refund and will go to another brand or the Fenix 6s. I need to have a robust watch that is capable of being in the mountains.

• I agree... After the 5x plus they gave me as replacement and also failed I asked Garmin for a refund but they said it had to be with the store so they are sending me another 5X plus hoping it works... the store only gave 3 months warranty I think...

I told them I wanted my money to get a Suunto maybe that was the problem lol