Is it just me that has awful sleep tracking on a fenix 5?

I have had various devices and love the fenix 5 excerpt for sleep tracking. Most other devices end up showing me with around 30-90 minutes awake time fenix 5 averages 5-10. I can get up go downstairs to let the dog out and it shows me asleep. 

• Its not perfect. For me OK. I woke and stood up 4:10 am.

• For me it doesn't work at all. If I watch a movie in the evening, it counts as sleep time (sometimes including deep sleep and rem)

Waking up in the middle of the night doesn't show in the data.

But then again, I really have no clue what to do with the data. I know when I go to late to bed, I know what time I set my alarm. And I sure feel if I had a bad night sleep. No need to check my watch for that.

And what should I do if my watch reports I only did 30 minutes of deep sleep? Try to sleep deeper? How do I do that? (or why should I do that when I normally feel if slept enough)

It's just a gimmick Garmin adds to their watches because their marketing is based on a longer feature list than their competitors. And it actually works. Garmin sells more devices than Suunto and Polor combined.

• Its not that bad. You watch the wrong moviesWink Sleep is important for recovery. Here a very good sleep: 

I have flexible worktime. My alarm is set to 6:40am. The latest time to wake up. For me its a nice gimmick. Waiting for native smart wake.

• Mine is similar but it's the awake time that's well off, never seems to get into double figures when I know I've been awake for longer

• yes its horrible and quite frankly embarrassing. Coming from Fitbit Ionic which handled it perfectly (never wrong),  it was a huge disappointment  

• I understand you know when it’s a good sleep, because you feel it. Not because your watch tells you.

And really, there is no way to check these figures. People who studied for it and work with specialized equipment say there is way to much noice in the data to say anything useful.

If you want a good sleep gadget, look at a wakeup light. That’ll wake you up when you are ready and quite natural. (Although your partner might object when there is great difference in wakeup time)

• Old thread I know but I've only just got my fenix 5 plus. Sleep is rubbish going back to fitbit as step count is awful too

Apparently all my toilet trips, making drinks and watching news for several hours trying to go back to sleep is just a dream

Garmin says I sleep over 9 hours a night whereas Fitbit says 6

Support say cos my heart rate doesn't rise enough!! WT actual F!! Great watch for golf, absolutely S**t at the basics you'd buy a wearable for