Notifications not working after update to software version 19.10

Dear friends, I have now my fenixs 5s watch already for more than two years and smart notifications were always working perfectly (even on three different phones). Since I've updated the software to version 19.10, the notifications stopped. I have tried everything: rebooting the watch, rebooting the phone, checked all the permissions etc... nothing happens ... the watch is syncing with my phone, but it shows 0 notifications even when  there are 10 notifications on my phone?

Is it a bug in the new software or do you have some suggestions what else I can do to get back my notifications?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Have you checked that the corresponding app is selected in Garmin Connect to show notifications. Settings > Notifications > App Notifications

• I did notice something strange after the update to 19.10.

My watch did receive notifications of new messages in whatsapp, but after a few seconds these notifications where gone. The counter was 0, and there where no new messages.

Also my iPhone didn't report any new whatsapp messages on the notification screen.

But after a few days everything seems to work again, but I'm a little afraid there is something wrong. 

• same here ,fenix 5 slate grey.

tried all resets,even phone rebooted to factory defaults ( mi 8), but still notifications are absent.

received notification once after setup only.

what's wrong with you GARMIN? one fix 10 broken after every update?

• Hello.  Smart notifications not showing on the watch generally indicates there is a specific setting on the watch or phone that is preventing them from displaying.  If you are still experiencing this issue please reach out to me via direct/private message and I'll see what I can do to help.

• Same iPhone

same IOS version

same watch (for me forerunner 935)

same settings (both on the phone and on the watch)

different watch firmware.

I doubt there is something wrong with specific settings so look at the firmware!

• So finally the notifications started appearing again, but still there's a problem. When I empty the cache of the Garmin Connect app and force close the application on the phone, the notifications start appearing again, but I have to do it at least 2-3 times a day which is really annoying (and I never had this problem before using this phone for almost a year) ... so I think that the problem is on the app part on the phone and not on the watch ... I am still trying everything to solve this inconvenience ...

• Hi friend. I have a new 5X and battled with notification (on 19.10) , Found it was the Messages app on my Samsung S10. I changed it to another from PlayStore called messages (one with the three horizontals in the icon and a callout pointer at top left . Blue colour)

Then set it as the default app! This fixed the problem and also the app is great.

Hope this helps. PS the version of the Messages app is 6.0.117 (Xorn, RC10.phone_dynamic).

Have tried another which works, but crashes when pics ate displayed.

Cheers, Ron