battery info firmware 19.

Goodmorning everyone
have you already tested the battery life with the new firmware 19 on fenix5? since in the latest firmware it was ridiculous
thank you

• Hi, I reckon it depends from watch to watch, I had never had bigger issues with battery. Bluetooth for at least 12 hours a day, messages, mail notifications, etc all day and always had average of approx 0,4% per hour.

When I run or use GPS it uses more power, but nothing major... 1.5% per hour. 

Usually I charge my watch once a week... and never let it go below 15%, now without much running due this difficult days, watch battery lasts easily 10 days. 

When people mention software being related with battery I always doubted it. 

• Hi RUI_Lopes

I had also never problems with the battery. My question to you: Are you using only original Garmin-Apps or do you use also APPS from the Garmin Connect IQ Store?

• Hello to all..
    before I had fenix5 and after about a year I had to replace it under warranty because suddenly the battery lasted 6/8 hours with firmware 15.
    now i have the new fenix5 conn the same apps from Garmin Connect IQ Store and firmware 12.40 and with some activity, no bt takes me about 15 days. reading all the problems people have with the toiletry and my experience with the old watch I was waiting for the update.
    thank you

• Hi, 

I use plenty of different apps from Garmin store, keep using, trying and then uninstalling watch faces,going always back to a Garmin standard analog with date, altitude, notifications. 

Light in auto, only after sunset for short time and set to 20%

Biggest problem with mine compared with former fenix 3 is altitude and barometer, can't trust them as I always did with fenix 3. Live at sea level,  my house officially 13 meters above, going to bed, check and if needed set it to 13 meters and wake up, some days at a completely different altitude. Storm alert, also with fenix 3, when pressure was falling rapidly use to work and now with clear skies gives me random alerts. 

I use my fenix 5x sapphire edition a lot and cannot complaint at all with battery problems. I receive easily 15 to 20 notifications per hour and battery keeps going and going without major problem. Bluetooth is on and I mention before at least 14 hours a day, sometimes forget about it and stays on 24 hours. 

Last time I charge my watch was on the 25th (100% at 22:00) now 88%, app shows -7.5% last day

• Hi guys. My first impressions are optimistic. I'm getting these results on my F5X:

Watch mode only and original watchface 0.1%/h

Watchmode with Gearmin watchface, a bit more than 0.1%/h

Gearmin with HR sensor and activity tracking on 0.2 to 0.3%/h

Gearming with HR, activity tracking and BT on 0.3 to 0.4%/h

The endless software update via BT is also fixed. This is great for me! The Garmin support wanted to replace my watch for a new one and I new this issue was software related. Now my watch is useable again!! I am so happy! 

Cheers!

• Hi,

Please, one more info needed in order to be able to roughly compara: how old is you watch?

Tks.

• ok. tks.

mine is 2y and 7m.

I'll give a try today.

Regards

• Hi all, 

Same kind of figures to me. 

With HR all day, BT at least 75%  of day, activity tracking, etc,  around .3 to .4% per hour, which had been the same since day one... More than 2 years ago... January 2018

Best regards to all, enjoy your fenix