Distance and Speed with indoor cycling

I have a Fenix 5 and a Trek bike with a duotrap speed/cadence sensor.  I am trying to use my watch to track indoor cycling activities using my trainer.  My watch is connected to the sensor and I have input the tire size.  However, when I start a new indoor cycling activity the distance and speed fields stay blank.  I know that my watch is connected properly to the sensor because after i complete the activity and look at it on my phone, it shows the graph of the cadence.  Any ideas of why the distance and speed aren't being displayed or recorded?  THANKS!!

• i have a similar setup with a Giant sensor and everything works fine.

i would check to see that the tire magnet is aligned properly for the sensor to detect it.

if it is, i would then check the sensor it self to make sure that it is in good condition for the speed side of it. By passing the magnet in a quite place you should be able to hear it click or maybe even have a small LED light up to show that it is seeing the magnet. 

i guess you could also pair it with another watch or head unit to see if it works with it, but i don't think this is the problem.