What would happen if I entered my own vo2Max Value

I continue to struggle with the Training Status and Training Effect with Garmin Connect so much so that I have basically been ignoring it, which doesn't seem right. However today I did a long run with somebody who has the same watch as me (fenix 5) and after a long chat about Training Effect etc. I think I need to look at tt again, but from a different angle.

I have had my heart rate zones mapped and my Vo2Max measured. When I got my HR zones I updated them within Garmin Connect so that I am able to effectively run to HR zones. however what I have noticed is that no matter what pace I run I cannot get the training effect to be anything less than 3.0 event the easiest of easy runs comes in a 3.0. This has the effect that my Training Status is always outside of optimum, sometimes massively so. 

When I updated my HR zones I did not change the Vo2Max setting, thinking that that would change accordingly with my new HR Zones, but if anything it has gone the other way. My measured Vo2Max is 58 but Garmin has it at around 53/54.

So here is my question. Should I adjust the Vo2Max to 58? Is this taken in to account when doing calculations my Garmin and so making all the calculations incorrect?