Insane Battery drain since 15.10

Hi,

Since updating my Fenix5 to 15.10 the Battery drains about 1% per hour.
Whats wrong?
With Firmware 12.40 it needed about 6% per DAY.
With newer updates since 12.40 it gets worse and worse, but now with 1% per hour …. thats insane.

What can I do?
Is there any possibilty to Downgrade?

With best Regards,
Patrick

• I followed the instructions on the site to bring the software back to 2.20pm. I also installed the 14.76 and the 14.77 but there is nothing to do: the battery continues to drain quickly. How come even if I return to a version that worked well (14.20) the battery continues to drain quickly?
    Have all people who had battery problems with 15.10 and returned at 14.20 solved? Is it just me I don't solve?
    Why for the fenix 5X have made a version the 15.20 that has solved the exhaust problems and for the fenix 5 not?
    2 days of autonomy of the watch make it unusable. It's disgusting
  • The Huawei GT 2 has a battery that lasts 14 days, has the same metrics of my Fenix ​​5

It does?  What do you mean by this? And does, "last 14 days", mean this is your experience or these are the specifications? We need to be comparing like with like.

• Ronhi thanks for the informations

No problem, happy to help as I have been helped by others here.

• These are specifications, just a comparison in the sense that garmin could improve its watches. Another detail is sleep monitoring in other smartawatches are better assets.

• Why for the fenix 5X have made a version the 15.20 that has solved the exhaust problems and for the fenix 5 not?

While I can't answer this question, I would say that the 5X required a different solution to resolve an issue that appeared to be exclusive to the 5X, so 15.20, "Fixed an issue where a Connect IQ watchface would fail to load with software v15.10". It seems that the 5 and 5S did not experience this problem.

Now if and how that provided better battery life to the 5X is not clear. It may mean that Connect IQ implementation might be a part of the battery drain experience.

• Yep... every single time there is a software update, I have to deal with the battery drain issue - serious, you think they'd have it figured out by now?  Interesting enough it seems to becoming cumulative with every update; the battery drains quicker and quicker with each.  Guessing it's Garmin's ploy for planned obsolescence.  Considering a Suunto 9.

• It is my third Fenix 5x. I had problems with the USB-Connector but never with high Battery drain. I have always installed the newest Firmware and never the battery drain increased. I use only Garmin native APPs or my own written Apps.

Because most of the user with high battery drain, had in the past no problems, we can excluded the hardware of the Fenix 5x to be the reason.

Because the newest Firmware is always identical across the world, the reason for the problem must be:

- an external APP or

- a setting of the watch.

For this reason, I would recommend, if you complain, to describe what kind of Apps or setting you are using. Perhaps on this way, we could find the reason for this high battery drain.

• Hi! In order to revert to 14.2, do you replace the gupdate.gcd file from the GARMIN folder of the device (the one corresponding to version 15.10) for the .gcd file of version 14.2? Is it just that? Could you please explain step by step what you did? I would really appreciate it.

• 1 .set garmin express do NOT automatically start when you plug the watch at the PC.

2. Download the 14,77 beta release from the link which post Ronhi few posts back.

3.open the download beta and you can see a folder with name   system _Backdate_v14.20.open this folder and you can see a file with name gupdate.gcd

4.plug the watch with PC and open the garmin directory.

At the end of directory you can see a file with name 

Garmin device xml  . Put  the gupdate.gcd into this file

5 . unplug the watch and you see a warning for the update

Proceed to update .all your settings gona delete and the watch go back to 14.20 ver.

6,then set watch autoupdate off