Revert to earlier Firmware?

Is it possible to go from 14.20 13.20? I'm trying to restore battery efficiency and recent releases are not working well.

• Hi
    yes you can and even garmin reports it on the site of the beta versions of the firmware ... you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the file fenix5_xxxx.gcd, into the \GARMIN folder of the device
    you can find all the firmware here: gawisp.com/.../
    NOTES: If you revert to older versions of software, you will be reset to defaults.

• Thanks very much for responding. I'm aware that in a beta one can return to the most recent OEM release by using the included file and doing a rest. Mt question is can I revert to an even older firmware, i.e. 13.20 or so? I ask because I'm wanting to return to the FW which had great battery life. Thganks

• It's worthless to do so. Because you can downgrade firmwire version, but not the sensor hub (SNS). And I have expierence, that with 13.30 FW and new SNS 6.90 I don't get good battery life as used before update. You only loose your all settings.

• Hi
    of course you can go back to the version you want, in the site that I have indicated you can find all the versions (beta and no, also the sensor HUB). you download the version you want and follow the procedure that indicates Garmin for beta.
    drop the file fenix5_xxxx.gcd, into the \GARMIN folder of the device

• Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll wait a week or so and see if Garmin solves the issue in another update. They are certainly well aware of the problem by now. If not I'll roll back to an earlier FW. Thank you!

• I have read somewhere that it is impossible to revert SNS Hub. Have you done this before? Is it possible and safe to revert only SNS Hub? Without FW reverting? And does SNS downgrade also resets all settings? Because I have already downgraded FW to 13.30 and don't want to loose all settings one more time. I think 13.30 FW and SNS 6.50 worked best for me.

• You have successfully downgraded to FW 13.30? How is the battery performance?

• It is better then 14.20, but not so good as was before. I thought that was because of SNS 6.90 version. 3 swimming activities in swimming pool for 1 hour each, no gps, daily alarms with vibration. Watchfaace - Actiface. Battery life - 7 days. Before that terrible 13.40 FW update and then reverting I had 10 days always.

• yes you can and even garmin reports it on the site of the beta versions of the firmware ... you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the file fenix5_xxxx.gcd, into the \GARMIN folder of the device
    NOTES: If you revert to older versions of software, you will be reset to defaults.

I tried to do this (downgrade to the last public release) in an attempt to revert from 15.10 to 14.20. My plan was to then move from 14.20 to 14.77, which gave me the best battery consumption. I succeeded in reverting to 14.20 using the method you suggested, but whenever I reconnect to my PC to copy the files for the upgrade from 14.20, I receive the 15.10 update. This is in spite of having Update Schedule in Garmin Express set to Never and Auto Update in Software Update on the watch set to OFF. I keep getting the 15.10 update.

If you did successfully down grade, were you able to prevent the upgrade to the released FW?  If so how? Am I missing a step?

• Disable auto update in the watch and do not start Garmin Express - disable Garmin Express auto start too.