Concept2 BikeErg and Bike Indoor

Hey,

I have a BikeErg and would like to use the "Bike Indoor" app on my Fenix 5. Bike Indoor does pair with the PM5 and I see the Spd/Cad sensors on the watch and receive signals BUT I'm riding the BikeErg with the ridiculous speed of ~1500km/h according to the watch. Any idea how to fix that or is that a bug in the firmware? I can provide some photos of the watch with "Bike Indoors" if desired ...

The ErgIQ app also works but does not synchronize all data with Garmin Connect and also does not work with the Training Load, etc :-( 

The ErgData app for iOS works perfectly and does synchronize to Garmin Connect ... but I also like the BikeErg workout on my watch ...

Cyrill

• you can't import data from another service into the watch. It doesn't make sense. You use Garmin connect as your combined dashboard.

1. probably not, but I guess because you can't see the entries for the "Trainings Effect" section. Only when I track the BikeErg workout with the Fenix 5, I get VO2 max estimates.

• Have you noticed that is seems to short change you on the workout load? I did a 30 minute with avg heart rate of 145, and my workout load said 50!! Usually it would be around 150 before I started using the Bikeerg with power meter 

• Has anyone found a fix for this? 

I have just bought a Bikeerg and can connect the Power sensor fine, but I an struggling with the SPD/CAD sensor, and when it does connect is shows about 2000 km/h as the speed, 

I'd really like to be able to just connect it up and have the speed / distance data on my watch as well as exporting to my C2 logbook. I want to be able to see how my VO2 Max is improving and also see the training effect. 

I aren't so bothered about that on my rower, but the I was hoping to see more accurate VO2 results on the bike using the power sensor.

• I found a "fix" by myself. I have successfully connected power and SPD/CAD with the Fenix 5 and set the wheel size to 1900mm. Please see here https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=aXLw3909O4031Yv7zjcw47 and click on "Click here for more information on determining your wheel size".

BUT if the speed is really the speed you are riding ... I haven't tested it. I forgot to compare the speed on the watch with the speed in the ErgData App. When it is faster or slower on the watch, then you need to adjust the wheel size.

Previously (in my post above) the speed sensor hasn't connected. Only power and CAD. I did a search for all new ANT+ senders and the watch found the SPD/CAD one on the BikeErg. In the PM5 I have extra activated the SPD/CAD section.

Speed is not needed for calculating VO2 Max. Only power and cad. or even just power, maybe. But be sure to wear a chest strap for precise heart rate.

I hope this helps.

• , can you confirm that you are able to connect to both the SPD/CAD and the PWR sensors at the same time? My problem seem to be that i can only connect to one of them at the same time.

for example, when the PWR sensor is connected, and i try to connect to SPD/CAD, the PWS sensor disconnects. Same if i do it the other way around.

I am wondering if this is a 'feature' or a bug or maybe i did something wrong.

hope to hear from you.

• Hey  I swear it worked, one time. Yes I'm able to connect with both sensors but from time to time one of the two sensors disconnects as you described it.

Today I tried to reproduce it but I wasn't able to run SPD/CAD with the correct speed by setting the manual wheel size. As speed I got Mach 2 or 3. Like a fighter jet.

To connect the fenix with the PM5, I've remove the existing sensors in the Fenix and reconnect them with the PM5. I've noticed that the SPD/CAD connects via BLE (Bluetooth) and the PWR via ANT+. I was wondering why it is not possible that the Fenix also connects to the PWR via Bluetooth. It does not work. 

A Bluetooth scanner on my iPhone revealed that the PM5 sends of course the SPD/CAD and PWR via BLE ... but I've noticed that PM5 announces itself as "CyclingSpeedAndCadence" so maybe the Fenix has an internal connection bug as it only can connect to the SPD/CAD via BLE.

My PM5 uses the latest firmware.

I'm also unable to connect both SPD/CAD and PWR via ANT+. But as I've written above PWR and its CAD is enough to track everything.

Maybe someone from Garmin reads this and can fix the firmware of the Fenix series ....

https://postimg.cc/c67bNqmR
    https://postimg.cc/KRZsG9qd

•  thanks for the elaboration in your reply. With the help of this thread I might have gotten to a consistent workaround. As you can see in my workout summery it all worked out well, with the exception of speed. On my watch there is difference approximately 200 meters every 5k. Not to shavie. 

Anyway, this is how i got it working consistently (thanks to the dude in the other thread.

Connect
    Connect ANT+
    ANT+ PWR
    Remember ANT+
    Connect ANT+ 
    ANT+ SPD/CAD (Power will disconnect at this point) ***Don't hit remember on SPD/CAD***
    Menu X 2

• so you have set the sensors on the watch i.e. speed/cad and power. 

Then you do these steps on the erg .. twice 

then do your workout?

or does it remember?

• I've been wondering can I simultaneously connect  Bike Erg s PM5 monitor to Zwift and Garmin Fenix 6?

• I've been wondering can I simultaneously connect  Bike Erg s PM5 monitor to Zwift and Garmin Fenix 6?