Fenix 5 Series - 14.73 Beta Release

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=11661
Fenix 5: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=11663
Fenix 5x: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=11665

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

14.73 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for inReach display verification, when using authentication.
  • Fixed an issue where the Last Sport widgets were not displaying information for the most recent activity.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would display a distance of 0, when navigating to a point right after a power cycle. (Fenix 5X only)
  • Made other miscellaneous code improvements and bug fixes.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

• did you place the "gupdate.gcd" file directly into the Garmin Folder? (not into REMOTESW)

• Hi Mistamb,
    Nope, you're right: I put the gupdate.gcd file into the REMOTESW folder --> I screwed up.

Beta Software updates were always so smooth so far I guessed it was related to this beta release (possibly the CIQ SDK v3.1) --> Sorry for the post guys.

Installing/Rebooting right now...

• No problem. Slight smile Good, that it works! 

• if there are no maps, maybe the normal does not have this view. otherwise, if i have not maps, i know, that there is only the values from physio true up on the watch. tryed to save a new location? if it is saved to the watch?

Ok, tonight I have recorded some walking (there's a Halloween badge today for an activity and another one for sharing that badge, go out guys! ;o)

In the history there was a map for it and the Navigate app has offered it. That's fine. Why I don't have the other ones offered is now another question. Might have been recorded before those resets, not sure now...

But still, I'd expect the Menu to tell me No activities or something more useful than repeating the screen. So for me still considered as u UI glitch.

• ok, sounds really like a defective battery "in my opinion" have my watch now running 4 days, 22 hours witch 2 hours GPS. everything allways on, (notifications, OHR, ...) and still have exactly 50% battery left right now. 

i think, i don't have to ask, if you are using the stock watch face? or have tryed  to reset it. (think you allready wrote that). 

It's absolutely ok, that you have asked as I don't use the stock watch face. But I use one that I have used also before - when the drain was okay. It is from the trusted developer but that is not the point. It's not updated every second, it doesn't have seconds hand like all the stock ones. 

But, since the CIQ was updated as well I have tested also with the simplest stock watch face (no data, only seconds hand, can't turn that off), because I thought the watch face but might have not been optimized for the new CIQ. Unfortunately the drain was the same 1,5%/h also with the stock one.

It could well be tired old battery but what about all those other users that complain...

As for me I'll wait another stable official update, maybe one more and then I'll file another RMA :o(

• i know what you mean. i think there are some discrepancies since physio true up is alive. before you did not have the activities. now you have it, can "nearly" choose it, but i does not work. 

• i hope for you you that it will fix it. i am no expert but for me it sounds like that. i also got an RMA but i did not exchanged it. (had no hardware issues, and waited, for the navigation got fix) now i am happy, i didn't do it. )

• During Strength activity user pushes the Lap button to indicate the change between Sets and Rests. And suddenly the phone started to say out loud "Lap <number> <time>".

It's in the Audio Prompts settings fort the device in the Connect app. I have missed that before.

• Did you record the cycling with the watch? If so can you see the map in the history? If so, try to start app cycling - menu - navigation - activities. Can you choose it now? 

Yes I did on Sunday with this beta and I can choose it without issues.

• i think it's because the you of the routing profile. if you save a cycling track. then start navigation app and there is "by foot" in the routing. it don't let you navigate with. so you can choose change the routing to cycling or before start the app cycling then navigation.