Run with course did not count steps

Today I had run with the course and when I finished, realized that it did not count steps. 14.20, GPS 2.51. Anyone else with this observation?

• I run with Courses often and steps continue to count up. In the app Garmin Connect, look at Activities > Steps, and then from the list pick the day with the course driven run. Look at the graph of steps per hour, are you saying that just during the run there are no steps counted? If there are no steps all day including the run then check on the watch that you have Activity Tracking on, Menu > Settings > Activity Tracking > Status > On. If the steps dropped to 0 just during the run, I don't know.

• hi Carleson, thanks for advice. tracking on watch was/is on. i checked the connect app and you are right, there it looks fine, many steps in the bar in the morning during the run. So it looks they were counting, but when I stopped watch and looked steps, there was 800 steps which is not related to 8 km run. in total I had 15k steps and I know I made them exluding run, including it would be plus 8k.

I will have to check it again with the same setup to confirm this.

• Any updates on this? 
    This happened to me today as well - a 6.5 mile run with only 7K steps.

• I have not run with do the course just normal Run activity since then, I can try again next run to simulate this issue.