14.2 Battery Drain and other weird behavior

I updated to 14.2 a couple of days ago, and since then have had terrible battery drain issues, for example went to bed with over 30% last night, but watch completely drained in the night and was dead this morning  (I know these are the sorts of issues reported by others), but I am also getting wired behavior when recording activities.

I was (attempting to) record a triathlon yesterday. Swim recorded fine, 1st transition fine, about ten minutes into the cycle the watch turned itself off completely. I re-booted it during the run but the screens just kept scrolling through, coming up with all the different screens on the activity itself, and also going into the settings fields etc. I stopped it from recording on the Triathlon setting, and started it recording on the run setting instead, but was exactly the same.

I am so annoyed at Garmin about this, do they not actually test software updates before launching them on their unsuspecting customers? Or is it that we are just the guinea pigs to root out issues? Am so angry that I couldn't record the event, its not like I get to do them that often, and really needed the data :-(