Fenix 5s or Vivoactive 4?

Don't you think that New Garmin Vivoactive 4 is better than Feniks 5s?

Music, garmin pay, new ohr, lots of new health monitoring options, safety alert, new gps chip etc

• Relaxed
  • The va4 is a basic "lifestyle" device and won't have a bunch of functions available on a fenix.  

Also, there are some folks that really don't like touch screens vs buttons.

• I came from a Vivoactive 3 to Fenix 5. It seems both have battery issues at update time although on the Fenix you can go stop updates and go back which you can't on Vivoactive. 

Updates are much more regular on the Fenix too. There has been 3 since I had the Fenix which has sorted out the battery drain I experienced on 14.10. In the same time there has been no updates on the Vivoactive 3 as a result mine still only lasts 18 hours. Yes really down from the 5 days I used to get.HHence the Fenix purchase. Battery life is the most important factor for me.

Not to mention how many more functions there are on the Fenix. If you need all the gizmos the Vivoactive 4 has go for that . A lot of it doesn't work for me. I don't need music, garmin pay barely has any support here in the UK . 

Me? I'd go with fenix everytime unless it was a first time purchase in which case I would never have got myself so deep in the Garmin ecosystem in the first place. The software support in my experience is awful. 

• Are you for real?? Va doesn't have half of the features available on fenix. Va is nice basic smart watch with some fitness functions, while fenix is one of the most advanced fitness machines....we shouldn't even compare them. You need a smart watch with nice screen go for VA or some Samsung, need a fitnes tractor, go for fenix, simple

• Last time I checked I was quite real thanks for asking. Fenix has more features that virtually nobody uses. While it's a lousy smartwatch VA3 is a lot more than just a basic fitness watch, it's a decent affordable device that does about 75% of a Fenix at 1/3 the price (or less), or to phrase it differently it's a good product for about 95% of the fitness population. VA4/Venu closes the gap with Fenix even more, and even comes close to matching all the busted functionality. But I guess you're just in that elite 5%.