14.20 and Battery - looks promising.

So far 14.20 has been positive for me with the battery. Doing spot checks shows it back to .3 percent per hour and staying consistent.

• Sensor_HUB is the same version - 6.90. So I doubt for improvement because with downgraded to 13.30 firmwire version and new SNS 6.90 I don't get the same battery life as it was with 13.30 and old SNS version.

• I got 13.30 with SNS 6.90 and 2.50 GPS

I got ~0.25%\h with OHR on.

Activities ~5%\h with 2IQ apps and external HR

I have a heavy job, walk ~17.5k steps a day and ride home\job\home from Monday to Friday.

• Same here. 4.20 pretty much screwed up with my watch, it now reports full drain after a day or when starting and activity and then just turns off randomly. Unusable watch.

• Just an update on this....

I have monitoring the battery drain for a while now and noticed the battery drain ALWAYS goes away and back to approx 0.2% / hr when the watch stops updating the steps count back to Garmin Connect app in the background.

It still strange because notifications from Garmin Connect app still works and appear on watch, so I suspect it is a rogue process on the watch.

My theory is backed up when steps are being updated, I tried disabling Bluetooth and the drain STILL continue. However when the watch intermittently stop updating steps count, the drain goes away.

• when the watch stops updating the steps count back to Garmin Connect app in the background.

But is there a way to turn it off?

Because simply not making steps does not help as it drains (for me) also when watch is not on my wrist.

• I don't think its about the actual steps you make but rather the system process on the watch to update the steps count periodically back to the app. If this process stops then no more battery drain, whether you moving or not.

I am trying to replicate my testing....can you do a test to help?

1) Keep everything on the watch on as normal i.e. bluetooth on to sync with phone

2) Sync with the garmin connect app (on phone)

3) KILL the Garmin Connect App on phone (different on Android and IOS but essentially swipe the app away on the open apps screen) 

Monitor the lasts sync time on the Garmin Connect Web version via the dashboard and see if the date time remain the same to when you last sync.

Notifications from the phone should still work.

Monitor battery drain.

• Forgot to say,...after your kill app DON'T open app for a while to monitor battery drain. Instead monitor via web version on last sync time.

• I am trying to replicate my testing....can you do a test to help?

10:45 53% (Connect App killed, checked every hour through web, no sync, notif.works, phone call received)
    14:45 47% (4h, 6%) ~1,5%/h > 5x (more then specs)

Not there. I have done a test with later beta, where I turned the BT connection on the watch to the phone completely, didn't help either.