Watch loses Bluetooth connectivity

Former Member
Former Member

I apologise I am sure this issue has happened before but this is really bugging me!

My watch will no longer sync with my phone automatically - I have to open the Garmin Connect app and then it will sync over my data. Also, no notifications will send over from my phone to the watch either - even when the watch/app say they are connected. I have literally tried everything apart from factory resetting my phone (OnePlus 5T), which I would prefer not to do but I am getting to a point where I may have to do it. Any ideas when the newest version of watch firmware will come about (hoping this might help)? Also, very open to suggestions outside of: (1) forgetting/reconnecting watch Bluetooth, (2) factory resetting watch via system menu, (3) reverting back to the old firmware (13.51 tried but did not resolve issue), and (4) reinstalling Garmin connect app and re-adding the device.

I should mention that I always get that Connect Sync Service notification that will not swipe away and I routinely get the (Android  permissions needed for notifications - restart your phone...), which I do but it never helps and the issues still persist. To the best of my knowledge I have tried to setup the Garmin app to run unimpeded on my phone. It just makes me think it is a watch firmware issue because the newest version 14.10 came out about when I have noticed this issue.

It's such a shame because when I bought this watch 6 months ago it worked flawlessly but this just makes me wish I upgraded to the sapphire glass version so I'd have WiFi connectivity to rely on for connectivity instead. FYI every other aspect of this watch is working and I still really love it but I really started relying on my smart notifications to my watch!