Fenix 2 Tracks & Workouts

First of all, I love my Fenix 2 and while I would like to upgrade it, I can't justify the spend at the moment.  It really does do everything I need, even if it is a bit glitchy at times.

I do have two questions though if anyone knows how to help.

1.  I'm planning a 32k run in unknown territory soon and I've created a route on GC for this.  It's the first time I've ever tried using routes so I was planning a short 10k with it accompanying me on a route that I know.  When uploaded to the watch, the route splits in to lots of smaller tracks.  Is this right, or is my watch not syncing properly, and if it's right how do I use them?

2.  Is the Fenix 2 limited to 20 steps on a workout, or is my watch not syncing properly?  I've never had issues with workouts before, but I've never used it fro one this big.  I had it sets to WU, then 3x100 with recover, 3x200 with recover, 3x400 with recover 3x800 with recover, 3x400 with recover, 3x200 with recover, 3x100 with recover, CD.  The workout cut-off after the first 100 on the downside of the pyramid and when I've checked, that's as far as the watch shows the workout, but GC shows it allcorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Steve