This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 14.1 update high battery drain

I updated my garmin fenix 5 with 14.10. I still have problems with high battery consumption.
Consume 1% per hour. With software 13.1 I had consumption of 5% per day. I tried to reinstall 13.1 but now it continues to consume a lot, always 24% a day. What can I do?
  • I have the same problem, did any one solve it?

• Me too.. It´s still very strange. 10 % over the night...

• Lots of users reporting the same with 13.40.
    I thought Garmin pushed 14.10 to solve those issues but looking at the change log it seems nothing was done about battery consumption...

Sticking with 13.30 for now.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

@All

without specifying what...fwiw

kind of watch (wifi - no wifi) 5x, 5, 5s

installed CIQ APPS, DATAFIELDS, WIDGETS

which watchface, watchface using web or not, every second or not, native or CIQ watchface

which brand phone and os version, allways phone in neighbourhood or not

etc

etc

you can help yourself and others by Contacting Gamin Support and telling them about the mishap

the more the merrier Slight smile

happy & safe sporting

• Fenix 5 wifi (sapphire glass) battery consumption around 1% per hour. Garmin, again? why?

the same problem was at 13.40.

I did not switch off automatic update hoping that the next update would fix the battery discharge problem. 

it seems I will stick with 13.51 beta. 

• But this is Garmin's official forum, right? They have to keep track of the topics and somehow react. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Yadershik

sorry

Yes it is Official Garmin playground.

Official route to take is via Garmin Support, tracking tickets etc etc

Do not hope this forum solving anything.

As a community you can geather data and correlate, that is all there is to do Slight smile

And you can tell Garmin Support about your postings in the "forum", sorry question-answer platform.

happy & safe sporting

update:

your battery is discharging rapidly ?

using a CIQ watchface ?

try this as a test....

use a native watchface and check the battery deplation

using OHR ?

try this as a test...

trun off / on OHR and check battery deplation

please report the outcome here in the forum and Garmin Support !

With Optical Heart rate : 3.2% battery drain per hour

Without Optical Heart rate : 0.4% battery drain per hour

happy & safe sporting

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I wonder why the beta 13.51 doesn't have the problem and the releases either side of it do.

Looks like they are not acknowledging they even have an issue.. 

Garmin Fenix 5 Multisport GPS Watch with Outdoor Navigation and Wrist-Based Heart Rate - Slate Grey with Black Band

stock everything. onlything changed was favorites

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

I agree that a full description would be more helpful, but also it would be sensible to assume that the type of Fenix5 and the watch face, seconds updating, etc., were all exactly the same as they were before the FW update and therefore, it is the FW update that is causing the increased reduction in battery.

For the record, I too see the battery going down much quicker since 13.40.

What I find astonishing is that Garmin will apparently ignore their own Forum here, where a problem is being reported and then they issue new FW and don't mention the problem, and according to these reports the problem persists.  If there is nobody from Garmin tasked with monitoring these Garmin run forums, then things are really bad with Garmin's software processes.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member
    If there is nobody from Garmin tasked with monitoring these Garmin run forums, then things are really bad with Garmin's software processes.

that is exactly the thought of DCR Slight smile

happy & safe sporting