This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 14.1 update high battery drain

I updated my garmin fenix 5 with 14.10. I still have problems with high battery consumption.
Consume 1% per hour. With software 13.1 I had consumption of 5% per day. I tried to reinstall 13.1 but now it continues to consume a lot, always 24% a day. What can I do?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

13.40 was released before my watch even had its first charge. Can't believe Garmin have made no comments. 

This has gone on too long now. I thought the fenix 5 would be well established and stable by now. 

• Same for me, the battery drain is crazy. My watch is stock.

• Garmin almost never comments the bugs in software...

• I reverted to 13.3 from 14.1.  Watch totally reset as a result, but my battery usage over the last 24 hours is back to a normal range.  (< .3% per hour on the battery widget)  Turned off auto update until they get something stable published. 

• I returned to 13.30, everything was fine, but then some strange discharges appeared. 13.51 worked better. And I returned to her. But for some reason, her EPO has expired. Is this serious or not?

• I gave up and downgraded from 14.1 to 13.51 last night.  I was experiencing bad drain in 14.1 of about 1.25% per hour.  Now with 13.51 I'm back to my previous level of less than .25% per hour. 

The downgrade is not hard but took a few hours because I had to redo it a few times and also re-do a lot of my watch/apps configurations.

This is definitely a software issue.  I'm disabling software updates for now.  Garmin needs to own up to this one and provide a solution!

• Tried the 'Turn off HR sensor and full charge'-fix wit no result. Still 1% drain every hour. No reaction from Garmin after three days on raised ticket although response within three workdays was promised. No reaction from Garmin at all. Not even a simple, general 'We recognize the issue and we are working on it'. To be really honest, after buying a >700 euro watch and only a few months of use this slowly is turning into a really nasty experience. And I refuse to juggle myself with software to roll back to get a functional watch again. Communicate and solve this asap, Garmin. This is really, really bad advertsing. Sorry.

• It works for me. 5% In twelve hours

• EPO is your satellite cache for quicker connection to a GPS signal. Just sync to Garmin Connect mobile app and it should update. You can check if EPO is current by Settings - About

If you don't sync then it will update on next attempt at getting a GPS signal which could take some time.