This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 14.1 update high battery drain

I updated my garmin fenix 5 with 14.10. I still have problems with high battery consumption.
Consume 1% per hour. With software 13.1 I had consumption of 5% per day. I tried to reinstall 13.1 but now it continues to consume a lot, always 24% a day. What can I do?
  • Did reverting back work?  Also, are there directions somewhere on how to dial it back a release or two?  Thanks

• For those that rolled back to 13.30 or 13.51....do you loose stats like vo2max and lactate threshold etc?

• Hi, originally firmware was 12.4. Also hub sensor I think was NOT newest 6.9. How I can downgrade to 12.4 from 14.1? Also, where I can get all necessary files to do that? After update it holds only 4 days basically doing nothing, when before update it was ~2 weeks!

• Hi. And how can i go back to 13.30 then? 

I did everything as written in 13.51 instructions. Added needed files to proper folders. Disconnected from pc.... what else should i do

what does it mean - disconnect from pc and proceed through the update?!?

thanks!

• I had the same problem, but it seems solved to me. I've a Fenix 5x.

What I've done:

1. Restart the watch.
    2. Disable/enable OHR
    3. Fully charge the watch

I've 4% consumption in the last 24 hours.

If for any reason I don't charge the watch to 100% I usually see battery drain, but this has happened for a long time, I don't know since which firmware revision.

• Today I washed the
    Clock contacts with 
    an alcohol wipes. Now it has become much better. There was a lot of leakage current there. Is down to 0.4-0.6 per. hour with hr meter on. Have the latest update.
  • This was mentioned in another thread. Good luck. Tell us how you go. gawisp.com/.../

• These steps worked for me to fix my excessive battery drain.

I turned my OHR off, did a full charge, then re-enabled.

• Same issue with me.  Its draining around 17% a day after the 13.4 and 14.10 updates.  I contacted support, they recommended a hard reset, and if that doesn't fix it, sending it in

• So I decided to try a full discharge/recharge and it was weird, when the battery level dropped to 20% is started discharging really slowly - 0.2% per hour with HR/smart phone etc on.

When it got to less than 5% I fully charged it - came off at 100% at 11pm yesterday, and currently at 97% which seems better than it was doing.

This is on 14.10 still. 

When I was charging it to 80% or whatever it would still discharge at 1+% per hour.