Two questions: 1) if I accidentally press the lap button on a training run, and 'end' the training, how do I start over? 2) if that's not possible, how do I add a workout / run that I did using the "Run" function to my training?

I'm in week 6 of the galloway plan, and today's training workout was a "9 miles easy run". I started the warm up and after 5 minutes, accidentally pressed the "Lap" button, which put me at the END of the workout into the cooldown mode. I didn't see a way to start over from the watch. I did not have my phone with me - or I would have resynced my phone to the watch and resent the workout to the watch. 

So I deleted that 5 min warmup and just did a 9 mile run. Now my Activities show the 9 mile run AND still the "not-attempted" training workout. Help!

Top Replies

All Replies

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 4 years ago

1) if I accidentally press the lap button on a training run, and 'end' the training, how do I start over?

1) have a look on your watch...

press start button and scroll to your activity, do not press start yet...

a) press and hold the menu button

go to training / training calendar

or

b) press start button

press and hold the menu button

go to training / training calendar

2) how do I add a workout / run that I did using the "Run" function to my training?

2) would love to know that too Slight smile

happy & safe sporting

• Ahhhh- thank you for the info on #1. I could have really used that this morning. Hopefully someone will have guidance on #2, so that my 9 miles training run doesn't appear "not attempted" in my planBecause it's too darn hot outside to run another 9. Grimacing

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to wifeofjuicepickle

2) had a look into a fit file created when using a training plan

inside the fit file there is info that it is a fit file from a training

Definition,13,training_file,timestamp,1,,serial_number,1,,time_created,1,,manufacturer,1,,product,1,,type,1
    Data,13,training_file,timestamp,"933959926",,serial_number,"15382----",,time_created,"933240561",,manufacturer,"1",,garmin_product,"65534",,type,"5"

i guess the serial_number is the link with the training plan

your "Run" fit file does not contain this info

update

had no success in using the serial_number data records

But have a look online in your training plan, perhaps you will find some help there. Use Garmin Connect Web.

I will check if the FitFileRepairTool is able to change a "Run" into a "Training" file.

Negative...the FFRT has no means of handling trainingplan fit files.

happy & safe sporting