This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 3 HR - Temperature and Baromerter not working

Dear All, I Have a Fenix 3 HR and the temperature and barometer sensors stopped working. It just don't measure anymore, but used to work(last time worked  was in 18/11/17). Firmware Version: 5.40.0.0 Jul 22 em 15:13 I tried to restore defaults but didn't worked. Can you give me instrunctions in how to fix this? Kind Regards

• Hello

I have the same problem. After update no temp and no barometer and no altitude. Is the another updat running?

• According to the feedback on this thread, the issue seems related to broken HW sensor. So it is not caused by SW update and cannot be fixed as such. 

If I look to my temperature widget, my watch is returning --- instead of a temp reading and same for altitude.

• Hi there. Is anyone still here..Just want to share the same issue with my garmin fenix 5x. Ive used it for 2 weeks sonce i bought it. The  built in sensor work fine until i notice later that its not giving any data.  It just shows this –––. I have the latest update on my watch and Garmin connect app. Any solutions..or thoughts regarding this? Thanks.

• Try to use warranty. Same thing on fenix 3 HR,they were not able to fix it.

• Ok thanks. Im waiting for the reply of the store i bought my  watch.yes its probably a hw issue  Thw rest of the watch features are functioning well. Will give update later.  Thanks and regards.

• Hello to everyone, I have the same problem with my Fenix 5 Sapphire, first I found problem with the temperature, always the watch shows 292°C or 558°F and a few days ago, I saw the barometer in in the same pressure (always shows the same value). I tried with:

-  update the firmware to the last.

- rollback to another old.

- hardware reset.

- pluged the watch to my computer and deleted all folders.

None of that worked, I think that is a hardware problem, I angry with Garmin, my watch have 2 years and half, since I bought and I think is a watch expensive and not to old to failure.

• ->Try warranty

->send to maintenance. Sometimes they give a discount in a new one.

Regards

• I totally agree, no sense to pay so much for a gear that doesn't last 4 years.

the same happened to me

• I went for 2nd hand fenix 6 pro.

Very happy so far, nice upgrade compared to the fenix 3 I owned before. Bigger screen in a smaller package: perfect training and race buddie!

• I stuck with Garmin after they offered me an upgrade to a Fenix 5 for a replacement with a nominal charge.  
    No problems whatsoever and has over twice the battery life of the top of the line Suunto.  I have a Samsung Active 2 as well.  A comparison of the metrics for swimming indicated the Garmin is much better at stroke type identification and lap counts.