E-bike activity

I love how Garmin Connect automatically syncs my rides to Strava, however I'd love it even more if Garmin Fenix 5 had an E-bike activity, so I wouldn't have to change all my rides to "e-bike ride" in Strava manually.

• I second that request. I just got an e-bike and wear my fenix 5S to record my rides. Would be wonderful to have it as a separate activity.

• c'mon guys, ebike is not a sport activity that is why it is not there Slight smile

• Doktorko - it's an activity type, can be even esport ::)

• +1 here as well! Would love to be able to separate just distance and pulse tracking of transport ebike rides to normal rides in a nicer way

• Pedal-assist ebikes may qualify as a lazy bike activity but full-on ebikes? Seriously?! Unless the battery runs out and then you have 30kg+ of metal to cycle back home!

Slight smile

• To me (Living in the EU) an ebike is a bike that has pedal assist up to 25 kph then it's a normal bike (albeit a 30 kg heavy bike). Don't know what a "full-on ebike" would be but no I'm not talking electric scooters or motorcycles.

When I cycle flat pavement I quite easily reach 25 kph which means at that points it's mostly just a heavy bike offset somewhat by light assist to compensate for the weight allowing me to stay at 25 kph.

I rode my ebike to work today (17 km average 26 kph) and this took ~45 minutes with a peak pulse of 144 bpm and an average pulse of 123 bpm. To me that is definitely an activity I'd like to track as part of my fitness. 1 hour 30 minutes of what equates to light jogging is something I'd like to track.

BUT, I'd still like to separate that from MTB cycling or road cycling where the same time/distance and primarily elevation (ebike will help much more uphill than flat/downhill) will not measure well against average speed and pulse on the ebike.

If I did a 30 km ride at an average of 23 kph this would likely have an average of 80 bpm on the ebike and ~110 on a normal bike. An ebike ride with an average of 30 kph would land me an average pulse of like 200 bmp (=probably death for me) and what.. 150-160 bpm on a road bike.

And... seeing that Yoga, Golf and even "Driving" is in there as activities I think that this is a more relevant activity to track pulse and GPS on than some others that are already in there.

PS. And yes, if the battery runs out then you just have a *** heavy bike left =)

• All the pro MTB riders use eBikes more than their regular bikes during the off season. You know why? They are better for training. If you ride them properly then you get a better workout than a bio bike because you go way further in the same time. You get to ride way more trails and get a better full body workout off-road. Speak to Bernard Kerr or Brendan Fairclough or Sam Pilgrim or eveni better try one yourself properly before making such a badly informed comment. I ride regular bikes too and my max AND average heart rate are higher on my eMTB. Wake up. With eBike sales now in the millions per year in Europe and Asia Garmin is well behind the curve on this. Please add this feature Garmin!

• Don't get so touchy, it was with smile at the end = meant as a joke. ;) We always joke with our e-Bike colleagues, so take it easy, this discussion bike vs e-Bike will go still on for some more years and then it stops because 90% of population will ride eBikes including myself, when I get older.