F5X Plus - No Income call notification

Hi guys,

I have an LG V10 Phone. When I receive a call there are no notifications on my F5X Plus but if the call was not answered, I got a missed call notification.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks,

Maor

• I have the same issue with my Fenix 5X and Google Pixel 2XL.  I am not getting call notifications but do get the missed call notification.

• I too am having this issue with my 5X since upgrading the OS. I have reset my watch to default, rebooted Samsung S8 smartphone, and reinstalled watch on Garmin Connect only to have the phone notification work once, then after shutting watch down for the night, back to the original issue of no phone call notifications. Is there a website besides this one to report issues with their product?

• Called Support concerning this issue and they stated that they do not have any open tickets on this. Ran some troubleshooting including a master reset and the issue still persist. I replied to their email for further assistance. Wait and see. Not sure if Garmin support reads this forum.

• Just adding my two cents to this thread. I have a 5X Plus and no longer receive incoming call notifications either.  I have tried disabling and re-enabling app permissions at the OS level and also turning smart notifications on and off in the Connect app.

All with no luck.

My wife has a 5S and it has the same issue. I am using a Pixel 2XL and she is using a Pixel 2

Both of us receive notifications for texts, missed calls, and other apps.

• Hi,

for info, I have the same on my Moto G5 plus with my Fenix 5s, and I echo what mtb.junkie says below. 

I believe it is an android issue, I've given up trying to resolve it. The trouble with Android is that while all the phones are the same OS, they're also all slightly different installations depending on the manufacturer. I did notice that Motorola updated my phone's OS with a slightly different incoming call screen and that's when the trouble started.  I keep hoping I'll get an android update and it will resolve but it hasn't happened yet. 

So, not a solution for you I'm afraid, just shared misery! It's a very important piece of functionality to have gone awry. 

• It has to do with a 6/5 update to the Google Phone App.  If you uninstall the update, notifications will resume again. At least they did for me.  Google Pixel 2 XL with latest security patch.

• I have also been having this issue with Fenix 5 and Google Pixel. Have reported to support and they got me to send them a load of logs and diagnostics and told me I have been added to an open investigation.

So Garmin are aware and looking into it.

• I have also been having this issue with Fenix 5 and Google Pixel. Have reported to support and they got me to send them a load of logs and diagnostics and told me I have been added to an open investigation.

So Garmin are aware and looking into it.

• Same here - no call notification during call, but missed call notification works. Nokia 9 (Pie, April update) and Fenix5X v330.

• I also notified Garmin and sent them diagnostic information.  I was having the issue with the Garmin 5 and the Fenix 3 HR.  I went to the Google Pay store, and uninstalled the Phone App.  It did not actually uninstall the app, it just uninstalled all updates to the app.  After doing this, I am receiving phone call notifications on both devices. While not a perfect solution, it is a temporary fix until a) Garmin figures out the problem or b) Google issues an update to the Phone App.  For those of you that are still having issues, did you try uninstall the Phone App from the Play Store?