This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5, corrosion on 2nd pin

Hy guys. I have a fenix 5 that after 3 months of buying had some corrosion and now look like in the image a posted. The watch was bought in august 2018. Can this be soved by waranty if there is no connexion/charging problem YET? Dont think the life expectancy of an fenix 5 is just 2-3 years... If someone on this forum is from Garmin Romania would help. Thanks!

• I cant find a single email adress from garmin. Romania/Europe/International.

• Interesting, if I go to Australian support website, there are 3 options at the bottom of each help page - "Chat", "Call" and "Email", while on Romanian website it is only "Apelare" (which my guess that it is Call). Try calling them then if you didn't.

• Yes. Call only and is an UK number that doesn't ring...

• Good news: they agreed to replace my watch

" H*:My fenix 5 has some corrosion on the 2nd charging pin. the SN is 53...

C*:Hello, I am happy to help you today.

C*:If there is rust the device would need to be replaced "

Now i have to speak to romanian distributor... hope they will be as fast as the garmin suport and change my watch. 

• I got the same problem in same pin. Spain. I bought july 2018 and after seven month i saw this. I hope this is fixed in new models 

• I purchase it on Decathlon, but contacted directly the Garmin support by email.

All the warranty process was done directly with Garmin.

• Had the same problem, Garmin Greece replaced it within two days. Great service. It seems that all watches with this problem were purchased in Q3/ Q4 2018. 

• Today I got the answer from the waranty service... They will replace my unit but wit another SN536*** . For me was 10 days to replace it. You know for sure that the problem is with the watches purchased in Q3/ Q4 2018 or is the serial number the problem? Or probably is both: watches purchased in Q3/ Q4 2018 have the SN53 . Will se if this is will corrode. But i will take care more when i will charge.

• When did you get the replacement and how does it look so far? Just trying to understand if the replacement units will be also affected by the corrosion problem.

Mine is over a month now and looks fine, but I didn't have a chance to go swimming in the open water or go long rides/run yet.

Thanks!

• Didnt recive it yet. Tomorow maybe or monday. I will use it mo-fry every week at gym. Is very hot in Romania now so the pins will have a lot of sweating around them. Will see. Still have like 1+ year left of waranty.