Problems with 13.30 Update

Former Member
Former Member

The Sync function no longer shows a progress screen, and does not revert back to the watch screen.

• Quick update. I received the refurbished unit this Friday, everything as expected. The watch was on the 12.40 software, and the first thing I did was to disable auto update. The watch arrived with 80%-ish battery. Today Tuesday 2pm it is at 57% This includes 1 activity (1,5h) and lots of configuration/downloads from IQ to get my watch faces back etc. Battery widget says 0,3% pr. hour, which is good. Overall I'm happy with the new watch.

What bugs me the most is the fact that bad software alone seems to kill the battery, and that this in some cases is an irreversable process. E.g. if you update the watch from a good software version, to one that kills your battery, then going back to the previous version will not necessarily fix the problem. It is like some bug or the like stays in the software, even after an update. And I simply do not believe that so many batteries god bad after such a short while (my watch was only 6 months old).

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I am seeing plenty of bluetooth connection problems with all 3 Fenix 5's I have had in the last 4 weeks.  All updated to the latest FW.  All showing widget loop corruption but the battery performance has been as OK and just as advertised.

I do see the progress bar around the side of the screen but usually I get a message saying there is no connection after I select an activity Save, and then a few seconds later I get an email from Relive to say my Video created from my recent Strava upload is ready, this is all before I select Done when apparently there is no connection.

(Everything reset, restarted, latest FW and no watch faces or 3rd part apps loaded, connected to an iPhone6 which has no issues whatsoever when connected to many other devices).

• Probably battery drops 20% every hour. Please fix it fast!!!!

• I just got my Fenix 5 Tuesday this week and charged it overnight, so I started using it wednesday 25th of june at 6 AM. Since I have been wearing it 24/7 except when in the shower and I had a 35 min run thursday evening (GPS+Galileo). Running stock watchface and right now 30th of june 8.20 AM the watch is at 56%.

I have been playing around with the watch to check out th functions so probably have a higher than normal use duirng these first days.0

I don't know when but the watch autoopdated to 13.30 (I discovered it yesterday morning) and took at photo of the watch showing 67% at 6.40 AM on 29th of june.

So the watch drained 13% in a little over 24 hours. Not too bad on the first charge i believe.

Regrads,

• Well, it seems as if CS doesn't replay to the email address that the central support gave me, so I filled in (again) the online form and get a reply. No trying to debug - straight to RMA. Got the new watch back in 4 days.

The thing is, the watch automatically updated from 11.10 to 13.30, so I'm waiting to see if I'm back to square one.

Anyone know if it's possible to roll back an update?

• What a difference! Even though the replacement watch automatically updated to 13.30 (3b06a30), according to the battery analyzer app I'm getting about 15 days from a charge. I last charged nearly 6 days ago and am at 64%.