Navigation Not Working - Distance Always 0 (Zero)

due to problem with EPO, in my case I delete everyday, do you have a widget or app to delete EPO.BIN of our F5X?

• since I send my EPO.BIN to Garmin team last week, I don't have a issue today. tried this tomorrow, but now no issue
  • I can confirm that plugging the watch into the computer via the USB cable, and then unplugging it, results in the navigation feature working as advertised. Running Garmin Express doesn't make any difference, as the watch navigation features work just fine either way once the watch is plugged in and unplugged. Although the navigation features work after the plugging and unplugging exercise, I have to do it again in order to get the navigation features to work properly if I power off the watch and then power it on again. The EPO.bin file doesn't have anything to do with the issue or the solution, and it appears to me that it's actually the plugging in of the watch into the computer in order to delete that file that results in the temporary fix of the navigation problem...temporary because once you power the watch off and then back on again you're back at square one.
  • Unfortunately I can confirm this. Doing a factory reset and deleting EPO.bin from the device doesn’t solve the navigation problems on my F5x. Distance remaining stays fixed at 0m and heading indicator keeps pointing to the start of the route. (When using walking activity and navigating to a saved location)

I'm having constant issues, which I resolve by deleting EPO,BIN . I don't even bother reconnecting to PC after that , as it seems that the file gets created as soon as you use GPS (not sure how, but it isn't on the watch , I connect to GPS and it's then back) my routing will work once or twice and then I have to delete EPO.BIN again. :mad:

• I'm having constant issues, which I resolve by deleting EPO,BIN . I don't even bother reconnecting to PC after that , as it seems that the file gets created as soon as you use GPS (not sure how, but it isn't on the watch , I connect to GPS and it's then back) my routing will work once or twice and then I have to delete EPO.BIN again. :mad:
  • The 12.50 update did not fix the navigation issue for me.
  • Please update your software to 2.50 and test this feature again. If you continue to have issues, please contact Garmin Support since we need to get information from you like how often it happens, how far way are these locations from you, which maps you are using, and files from your device.
  • Garmin-Heath i am having the same "0" issue. Fenix 5x 12.82 (did allready had this on 12.81 maybe earlier).
    What i can tell:
    - i do not have this on regular basis. when using the watch and only syncing over Bluetooth with connect app.
    - it happens after an update. today with the installation of the 6.5 Sensor Hub Firmware
    - i think it happens sometimes after restarting the watch
    - connection to a PC with garmin express. (maybee a point to check if there is anti-virus software which checks *.bin files)
    - it also happens sometimes when connecting to a apple mac.
    i attachted you the latest epo.bin which does update, but creates the "0" problem.
    hope that helps.

what i tryed:
    - topoactiv V4 (europe)
    - topoactiv 2018_20 (europe)
    - all other maps disabled
    - all maps enabled.
    - factory reset on watch after downgrade to 12.30
    - waiting for gps fix before navigation
    - different navigation settings
    watch is default with no additional Connect IQ "things" or maps installed EXCEPT Garmin Running Power
  • If I understand the EPO.BIN file correctly , it gets updated with the GPS Almanac Data when you connect to GPS . I can only assume that something is getting corrupted by some weird process that has crept into an update somewhere
  • Heine_De_Villiers thats a good point. because sometimes after an update or connection to a pc, the watch takes ages to find a gps signal. but the EPO file is up to date. maybe the watch could not read the EPO file.
  • Everyone, thank you! I was able to reproduce this issue with your help.

I will be contacting all of you via Private Message to get more information. If you see this thread after I posted this message, please contact Garmin Support and they would be happy to walk you through getting the information that we need to gather.

Thank you again, all of you make my job a dream job!