Battery drains suddenly

Hi all,

I have a Fenix 5 for 4 months already, normal use, normal battery usage ( charged every two weeks ) and suddenly, the battery drains at least 40% in one day.
Tried to remove all non-garmin widgets and no change.
Reset to factory settings and used with basic setup - the same problem, charged fully last evening, I am at 60% with no activity done, just normal usage.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I have raised a call with Garmin Support, this should not be expected on a 4-month watch.
  • In my case, I`ve contacted to UK chat line, and gave my SN, They informed me that the watch should to be replaced, but suddenly after contact with Garmin everything returned to normal. I suppose that It can be problem of server side? Now from few day consumption is 0,5% per hour.
  • Unless you use your gps a lot I do not think 0.5% per hour is normal. I typically charge every 2 weeks or so when the battery is around 40%.

This equates to roughly 5% per day = 0.2% per hour.
  • Hmm 2 weeks? But with or without Bluetooth, watch is connected with phone?
  • Hi
    I've bought a Fenix 5 four weeks ago.
    It never ran more than 4 days , everything disconnected, disabled etc.
    Now it's 3 ays and a half before full discharge.
    I've tried everything, restart, reset etc. always the same.
    So I send it back under warranty tomorrow to the shop 'Lepape in France, top customer service)
    I've had a Suunto (Ambit3 HR) and it still works perfectly, almost 3 weeks battery autonomy. Unfortunately new Spartan's don't have compelx interval training, so I've had to buy a Fenix...Maybe a small regret yes but now it's too late, I must live with it
  • So as a last update, the watch has been replaced by the UK support team. Thanks guys!
  • I've sent my Fenix one week ago under warranty, waiting for news update.
    It will certainely be replaced, at least the battery.
    But now, I won't have any confidence in it any more
  • I have the same issue as Pierre27 - have the Fenix 5 for 3 weeks and the battery never lasted more than 4 days. I tried everything to fix this - reset to defaults, using just stock watch faces without moving parts, backlight turned off, Bluetooth turned off, HR turned off - nothing worked. Even tried different firmware...
    And yesterday after a full charge the battery depleted in 4-5 hours.

I asked amazon.de for replacement and I am waiting for a new watch now.

I really hope that it will be fine, with no problems...Because if this is a whole batch of watches with the same issue, the chance to get faulty one again is great...
    ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1425404.jpg
  • Hi again,
    I received the new watch - this time it was sent from England, not Germany. I am not 100% sure but I suspect that what I have received is not a new watch...
    Yesterday evening I did a full charge and till the morning the watch was drained to 92%. After that, the draining became quicker and for 3 hours I am with just 33% of battery...

I am so disappointed...
  • Check again with the support, they should replace it with a fully working one. My battery holds the charge now as it was at the beginning. 98% last evening, 95% now, at 14.00 with notifications, HR and no activities,
  • Check again with the support, they should replace it with a fully working one. My battery holds the charge now as it was at the beginning. 98% last evening, 95% now, at 14.00 with notifications, HR and no activities,

This is my second one. I have checked the first one with Garmin Support explaining what I tried to fix the issue and they told me to return it for replacement. Which I did. And Amazon sent me a new one. But it behaves the same way...

I think that a whole batch of watches is faulty...